Instrument Purchase grants

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by benjaminuk, Mar 15, 2009.

1. benjaminuk

benjaminuk Member

Does anyone know where I can get a instrument purchase grant from, as i really need my own instrument for university and can't afford to buy one myself.

Thanks

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Instrument Purchase grants Does
    university
    ca
    Thanks
  3. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Benjamin...Oh Benjamin....I didnt own my own cornet till this very juncture in my life. I got a job and bought one. Hows that for an idea?

4. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Anyone out there buy me new tuba, I'm very good looking??:D

5. benjaminuk

benjaminuk Member

i need a new Euph as well, Please, Preety please :p

6. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

At least Burbage brought me a brand spanking new tuba last year.:D
    Not shifting to any band any section unless someone can match my demanding needs!!

7. benjaminuk

benjaminuk Member

the only thing with that is that in Spetember am off to uni, so i can't really

8. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

http://www.support4learning.org.uk/...rds__grants__scholarships_and_sponsorship.cfm

I assume you're going to study Euphonium? At Salford, Birmingham or one of the Royal colleges? If you're not doing a performance course at a recognised conservatoire you've pretty much no chance I'm afraid.

I take it you are currently using your band's euph? If you're joining a band when you get to uni you should be able to use theirs, or you could have a word with your current band about borrowing or renting theirs? Failing that some places do HP for instruments - that's how I got my trumpet.

9. benjaminuk

benjaminuk Member

Whats HP?

10. TubaPete

TubaPete Member

Hire purchase.

Basically you pay a deposit then monthly installments and after 2 or 3 years you own the instrument.

Pete

11. David Mann

David Mann Member

Finish school end of May, work 40hrs @ minimum wage for 12 weeks = around £2059 at basic rate tax, even gives you a couple of weeks hols - should get you along the way.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Instrument Purchase grants Does
    university
    ca
    Thanks
  13. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

You could try Mummy and daddy lol. Offer to wash the car, do the ironing, hoovering, shopping and anything else but only for cash.

14. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Make sure you price things up properly. All the educational grant supported purchase schemes that came my daughters way were not worth the paper they were written on. Even paying full VAT and not having the 'bulk negotiated discount', I could still source instruments cheaper by just shopping around for the best deal. Second hand market is your best bet if you are on a budget.

15. benjaminuk

benjaminuk Member

and I can get that from? lol

16. David Mann

David Mann Member

17. benjaminuk

benjaminuk Member

18. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Member

At Maccy-d's or similar esablishments you will also move up from minimum wage pretty quickly so you will have a little bit extra to play with

19. Not sure about individual funding but, I've just finished an Awards for All application for to buy 2 Prestige Euphoniums for our band. I also have applications forms to fill in for funding from our local authority and I know that they do have individual funding - perhaps have a look on your local council website and see what you can find? Even if you don't get all the money needed, some is good.

20. benjaminuk

benjaminuk Member

Thanks for the advice