Instrument fettler

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by bigmamabadger, Dec 24, 2016.

1. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Not sure where to put this - does anyone know of a good instrument fettler in the South Wales area? My dear old B&H needs a bit TLC.
    No I'm not going to buy a new one. Not until I get some pay checks under my belt.
    BMB

2. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Well-Known Member

Welcome back. South Wales is quite a big area so if you could give some idea where you are based (Bridgend?) and how far you would be willing to travel that might help people provide suggestions. There is a repair shop and Trumpet Builder in Cardiff, Lily's Pres Instrument repairs - I haven't visited Cardiff for years but as I recall the shop is in one of the 'poorer' parts of the City. Mr Tuba has his showroom somewhere in The Valleys North of Newport and I believe that hes's got a repair and new build facility too. Trevada Brass has a shop somewhere over towards Carmarthen/Swansea and no doubt they can advise on repairs too.

Local word of mouth will probably be your best guide - ask people in your new band? If I was new to an area I'd ring around the local lower section Band Secretaries and ask them who they use. Find those bands via the map facility on the Brass Band results web site (Brass Bands Map - Brass Band Results ). As an aside your new band might supply an instrument and/or ask you to play a different type to what you have (vacancies to fill on Cornet rather than Horn?). Good luck and enjoy.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    Slider1 likes this.
  3. Basstiger

Basstiger Member

Sharon McCallum - Bones and Bugles is a very good repairer and is based in Carmarthen

2nd tenor likes this.
  4. Mujician

Mujician Member

The Fidler family in Lydney - 01594 368421

5. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I've activated the Jessop-Smythe network as well. Thanks for all the suggestions people x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice