Information from other www sites

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, Mar 7, 2004.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi All

Many thanks for your support in collating relevant information towards all the regional area competition results.

However, please can I ask that should one use information obtained originally from an alternative www site - that you provide a refererence to that original source of information within your thread by way of a link to the original information... sheesh, what a mouthfull.. but I am sure you know what I mean... :lol:

For example... Courtesy of...website/source of information name

Many thanks for your support here folks.

John

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    original information
    original source of information
    collating relevant information
    thread
    John
  3. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

:oops: :oops: :oops:
    My apologies - hands up - that was mainly me.

I must curb the enthusiasm

4. TheMusicMan

Hi Matt - many thanks for your post - no worries. We do appreciate that this is indeed done with the very best of intentions, we simply need to remain mindful and respectful of other sources of information.

John

5. David Robinson

David Robinson New Member

If we get the information from our own websites, would you still like us to link to it?

For example, I have an article on my website about some tips I've learned about trumpet care through personal experience. If someone asked for tips of trumpet care, and I just copied that, would you still like a link?

-David Robinson

6. TheMusicMan

Hi Dave

Well.. I suppose that's your call really :lol: . If the site belongs to you, then it is up to you if you want other people to know from where the information was obtained - doing this would certainly attract many more visitors to your own site.

All I respectfully ask tMP'ers to do is that if information is obtained from other informative sites where the content doesn't belong to you - to then include perhaps a thank you and link to the original source of the information.