Inducing Labour

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by BassBoneShep, Mar 29, 2005.

1. BassBoneShep

BassBoneShep Member

Well the arrival of BassBoneShep/Daisygemma junior is now late (only 1 day).
    Any suggestions from fellow TMPer's on how to induce labour (don't necessarily want labour horror stories as we may have our own to come!). The most common is supposdly a good curry so may try that later this week but any other "old wives tales"
  2. Fitzy's GF

Fitzy's GF Active Member

I've heard walking round helps, though I don't know how comfortable it is. The increased movement is supposed to help.

(I know that this is what sheep do as well.......)
  3. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

You need tMPs resident midwife, Mad_Female...over to you Rhian.

Anyway, the little blighters come when they're ready and not a moment before. You can try all the curry, real ale, fell walking, pineapple, raspberryleaf tea and howsyerfather you like, junior will not move unless s/he wants to.;)
    Best of luck and keep us posted.
    It's all worth it in the end.:tup
  4. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

If you follow this link back to a thread I started way back in October, you should find loads of helpful tips on getting "Junior" to make an appearance.

Just to warn you though, our daughter was a week late and nothing budged her!! Your little 'un will come out when he/she is good and ready and not before!!!! We tried nearly everything suggested and nothing worked. Although my missus swears it was the threat of being induced that helped her!!

Good luck!!! :D
  5. BassBoneShep

BassBoneShep Member

Thanks for the link, will see what was suggested. I think most are right that it will appear when good and ready. Anyway, as it is late must be a girl. Taking the extra time to get hair and nails right !!
  6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Get her down to the band room for a right good blow, That'll sort her!! Never mind letting her stay at home cos she's uncomfortable, she's gonna get a darn sight more uncomfortable in a few days so she should stop whining and make the most of banding while she can!!!

Women!! Pah!! That's exactly why we don't let 'em eat yorkies!! There's a reason yorkies aren't available in pink!! :tongue:

Only joking, best of luck both of you...the whole band waits with baited breath on the safe arrival of Eric/Erica. :tup
  7. andyp

andyp Active Member

The only thing you learn at this point is that (as BMB says) all the old wives tales are wrong. (as is almost anything else people tell you about childbirth)
    If they were true, you could probably guarantee delivery on your chosen day by eating a curry washed down with raspberry leaf tea, in the back of a Mini doing 70 mph down the Southport coast road (which has 18" humps in it) having previously been for a long walk after a night of passion.
    Both our daughters were late, and then the first one crowned it by being two weeks over, then taking 34 hours to put in an appearance!
    Babies do what they want. Problem is it carries on like that...................
  8. Exiled_Tyke

Exiled_Tyke New Member

I played bass trombone at the areas 2 days before giving birth to our son- he was early (thought I had 11 days grace!)

So definitely a good blow - followed by a little of u know what (nudge nudge wink wink)..... ...worked for us both times.... ;) :clap:
  9. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

In a word - SPERM

Apparently it contain prostaglandins which contain the hormone which stimulates labour. If you bathe the cervix in enough of the stuff then nature will take its course. Course, the practicalities make this an onerous task. :)
  10. 2nd man down

Yeeshk!! you make it sould like you plop it in a bath full of the stuff!

If we see you smiling next time we see you BBS we'll know who's advice you took!! ;)
  11. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Whatever way you get her to induce, tell her to get on with it as Pogson Bray is only a couple of weeks away!
  12. mad_female

mad_female Member

Hi BassBoneShep

TMP resident "madwife" checking in.....PM me if you want some DIY induction tips.

13. BassBoneShep

BassBoneShep Member

Tips on labour induction by PM, sounds intriguing. Maybe next week will take up the offer when it is getting "really" late.
  14. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

My mum had a pint of Guiniess the day before I was born.
    Some say it explains my like for alcohol! :D
  15. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

My friend Laura, who is a big wheel in the CAMRA organisation swears by beer festivals. Both hers were conceived at beer festivals, and one of them arrived on due date, the day after a beer festival at which Laura was drinking Fruit beers...

16. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Plan something really important tomorrow, junior is bound to make an appearance then.
  17. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

When I had Cecelia my first child, Simon my hubby bought me a posthorn, I blew the thing as loud as I could and a few hours later Cecelia was born.

Make sure that you're as the most tired, emotional and having second thoughts about parenting, ratty with the world, you've just had a barney with your spouse, you've no clean underwear and baby will ultimately know it is time, because kids like to catch you unawares.

Seriously though, good luck for when it is time and enjoy your rest while you can!

Alex K
  18. Exiled_Tyke

Exiled_Tyke New Member

Go out and buy some wallpaper with a view to re-decorating your bedroom.
    Did this for our first - & it's still sitting in the cupboard.......
    (.......she arrived the following day....... is 5 1/2 now.....)

19. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

How NOT to induce Labour - vote for somebody else... *ducks*

I'll get my coat...
  20. 2nd man down

Any movement yet??