Individual parts for test pieces

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by choirmaster, Jan 1, 2005.

1. choirmaster

choirmaster Member

Does anyone know of any publishers that will allow me to buy solo cornet parts only of their published test pieces? Never having played for a contesting band yet I thought it may be a useful exercise to familiarise myself with a lot of the test piece repertoire just in case the opportunity arises. I've recently managed to cadge a few study/miniature scores to start with but these can be difficult to read as the print is so small. If this isn't possible would there be any band that would allow me to buy some S.C.parts from them for a few quid?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    cornet parts
    band
    anyone
    test pieces
    scores
  3. lister89

lister89 Member

Think it depends on what section and on what actual pieces as to whether a band can sell you music... think you might need to be more specific! There's alot of test pieces about!

4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I would contact the publishers to buy individual parts.

5. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Studio music do sell individual parts of their published works but as has already been mentioned there must be hundreds of test pieces around.

6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I'm sure choirmaster has an idea what music is needed and the publisher's details are always printed on the parts. But it would be a good idea if publishers began printing selections of music for individual parts again. Handy for players who are not associated with any current band.

7. choirmaster

choirmaster Member

Thanks for your replies. I suppose I'm after a range from Section 4 to Championship which have been used or likely to be used quite frequently. Having started this exercise with miniature scores etc recently, I've also noticed my stamina and enjoyment has improved considerably, as well as my sight reading skills.

I'll try the individual publishers as suggested to see if i get any joy, especially Studio.