Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Big Twigge, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I've just booked a 2 week trip to India (yeyeyey), flying into Mumbai in March. Nothing else is booked except for the flights. Has anybody been before? Does anyone have any advice about things I must go and see?

Very excited Twigge!
  2. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

A test match. If you've ever felt the passion of watching a test match live, it is said to be magnified 20 time in India.

Don't go on your own, though.
  3. flower girl

flower girl Member

as weird as this is gonna seem, if you get the chance go to an indian market, its a great experience, it really shows how cultures differ
  4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Sadly the 3rd test finishes on the day before we fly out. Hope to see a ODI though, I'm going with my big sister so we'll be ok!
  5. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Eat a curry? :p
  6. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

See the Cricket:clap:
  7. HBB

HBB Active Member

That's a new one on me!! :p
  8. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Don't go with any preconceptions. A uni friend of mine who was a whacked out hippy went to India for 3 weeks. She thought it was all going to be peace and free love and floating around in beautiful saris in an ashram. It was dirty, smelly and full of poverty and she hated it. Don't think she ever got over it.
    So long as you accept that those things are there and there's very little you can do to alleviate it you'll be OK. Just enjoy what you experience.
  9. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Avoid the roads!
  10. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

When my uncle visited India with the Salvation Army, he said nothing could have prepared him for the mass of people absolutely everywhere.
  11. Hornblower RN

Hornblower RN Member

Yes....even kipped down for the night outside your bedroom on the terrace! Keep your doors locked. Oh and this was for an overnight stay in Delhi enroute to Singapore nearly 50 years ago. I would imagine it has multiplied quite a lot since then.