Incredibly bad timing

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by sugarandspice, Jun 14, 2005.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I have a virus in my throat. (well on one side of my throat) it hurts! alot! And im really not feeling very well!

With a contest on sat, an english exam tomorrow and a a psychology exam on friday now really isnt the best time to be ill, so nows the time for all your miracle cures?...please?!.....someone must have an answer!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    timing
    side
    aa psychology exam
    exam
    time
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

If you can't get to the doctor ad hoc, I had a chemist friend who helped me out in a hurry when I had a throat problem on the day of a contest. For temporary relief of pain, he went into Boots and bought anaesthetic throat spray (in a pump action bottle). It has a nozzle that extends and you can avoid coming into contact with lips and tongue. Pricey, but it works! (..but I don't know whether it still is on sale!).

Found it! ....

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1047367

4. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I would second the advice about the throat spray, hope you feel better soon

5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Whisky kills pretty much all the germs in your mouth and throat...

6. sugarandspice

:( i dont like whisky! ive got some mint choc chip ice cream tho! will that help? it tastes nice! :)

7. sugarandspice

well i finally have my throat spray which was prescribed, but i cant get it down my throat! read into that what you will, but the tube thing isnt long enough, and then everytime it does get close it makes me gag!

not very nice!

8. axio

axio Member

I don't know what is available over-the-counter where you are.... but I always keep a packet of 'Difflam' - which are very strong throat lozenges that have the effect of completely numbing the back of the mouth for about an hour. :)

9. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

See above - Ice Cream as antiseptic (or localised painkiller) & neat spirit (preferably whisky - or whiskey) as antibiotic... ace.

The exams may be interesting, but the contest will be FUN.

On second thoughts, see a doc!

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Is this a spray your doctor prescribed? Did you use a mirror (a bit obvious) to see what you were doing? It you position the nozzle upwards you can concentrate the spray towards your throat!

11. sugarandspice

yes the spray is prescribed, and it makes me feel sick.
    I think its got worse over night cos i feel really horrible now!
    English exam in an hour :cry: :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    Had some more ice cream for breakfast, but really really need to be in bed!
    Im going to fail- splendid!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    timing
    side
    aa psychology exam
    exam
    time
  13. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

*big hugs*

merocaine are a similar throat-numby thing which work rather well, only thing is they make your tongue numb too :S stronger than soothers etc though
    xx

14. vonny

vonny Member

Hi!

I empathise with you, i was going through something similar myself last year. I was so desperate to 'shake' off my sore throat that i gaggled with aspirin, and it certainly numbed the pain. It isn't recommended that you use aspirin on a continual basis, but you can use it on a temporary one, even if it's just to get you through your exams and the contest on Saturday.
    I hope that you are feeling a bit better soon, all the best in your exams :) .

Yvonne

Eccles Borough Band

15. vonny

vonny Member

P.S. 'Gargled' lol

16. sugarandspice

I have tried that, and jus t about everything else but nothing is making it better :( am off to the doctors again now to see why its getting worse and get a note to hand in with my exams, and one for sat in case we need to borrow a player.

Only up side is ive lost 5lbs due to not wanting to eat- means ive finally lost my stone overall :) :)
    (would rather feel better tho!)

17. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... anyway, how did the first exam go? Did you manage to concentrate throughout the misery?

18. sugarandspice

ive got fricken tonsilitis now, just great!! been given some antibiotics at last but told i wont be better by sat. not happy, at all!!

19. sugarandspice

Just when the antibiotics were strating to kick in and i thought i'd be ok for tomorrow, i go and fall down the stairs this afternoon :( Not so good! Am thinking someone really doesnt want me to go to bugle?!! But im going, even if liz has to carry me!! :)

Anyone else had any bad luck before contests? and did it come in threes? cos im pretty scared to move at the mo through fear of damaging something or someone!!

Am now off to my 1st practice of the week to find out if i can play, and how bad i sound!!

20. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

i know a euph player who had a bad stretch, a few months where she was quite ill, but managed to keep playing despite being a bit miserable. i think all you can do is put up with it :( sorry. and hope your band is supportive.

enjoy listening, anyway.
    xx