In York!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by brownrob, Jul 8, 2009.

1. brownrob

brownrob Member

I figured this wasnt a dep ad, as Im only here a few days... but here goes

I know its very short notice, but I am in York until Friday afternoon, but wouldnt mind, if possible to sit in a practice if at all possible, playing or listening, as I have the Bb Cornet with me, so dont mind . So Thurs evening! I flew in for a course to York on Mon afternoon, I was supposed to be going down to Rothwell tonight to have a listen etc but I couldnt get away from the course in time tonight to get down with their principal, who I know from home, so I am quietly sobbing on TMP :oops:

Im in a 2nd Section band in Northern Ireland (we dont have 1st section?! :eek:). Ive been looking for brass shops here in York, with a mind to buy a new Beryllium Shilke Sop but cant find anything! I thought this is supposed to be the hotbed of British Brass Banding! :biggrin: My mobile is 07715176630 so give me a text (dont phone as we have silly lectures)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    ad
    Im
    notice
    shops
    listen
  3. slider

slider Member

Why don't you catch the early morning train up to Durham, or contact Shepherds, who'll be bringing a coach from York - you're welcome to play with Westoe Band at the Miners Gala. Meeting in the Market place at 9:00 to march away at 9:30. Down to the County where we're playing "That's a Plenty" - then on to the race course. Have a few beers and at 1:30 march up to the Cathedral with the new Westoe Lodge Banner to be blessed by the Bishop.

see www.westoeband.co.uk for a full list of bands playing at the Gala.

4. brownrob

brownrob Member

Hey, thanks for the offer, but already accepted an offer last night!

Sounds like you have a cracking day lined up tomorrow!