In this day and age....

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Rach_Horn, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Rach_Horn

Rach_Horn Member

How and why do some of the top championship bands still have an 'all men' policy?
  2. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

In this day and age why are some women still so upset by mehaving any club, sport, leisure activity, organization, etc that is 'men only'?

There are plenty of 'women only' organizations - even 1 'women only' band i seem to think - so what is wrong with a 'men only' policy if that is what you want?

Personally i play in a 'mixed' band and would'nt want it any other way (a drunken clinch with our horn, Euph, etc player would not be the same post contest !)
  3. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Think there was a big thread on this ages ago, which I can't be bothered too much to find at the moment. There are only Brighouse and Grimethorpe left now who have all male bands as far as I'm aware, and I know that Grimethorpe at least have had women play with them on the concert, if not contest stage. In my mind, you should always take on the best player for the position available.
  4. Terrible Timp

Terrible Timp Member

Suppose it's all just part of the bands history it's not that they dont want em it's just they dont want to chance their band code from way back when - Grimethorpe have had all men since they began.
  5. Rach_Horn

Rach_Horn Member

Yes, it should be the best player for the position i agree, but surely it would be better from both a playing and social point if these 'one sex only' policies were scrapped!
  6. Rach_Horn

Rach_Horn Member

I guess it could be history though and keeping up traditions etc...
  7. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member