In The Red - Musical

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by backrowbloke, Oct 19, 2004.

1. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Does anyone know much about 'In the Red' the brass band musical?
    I was searching around on the net for some musical soundtracks and found some info here .

i guess it must have come out during my absence from banding over the last few years.

TIA - BRB
  2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... didn't know musch about this myself. Will check it out! ;)
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

The recording is listed on 4barsrest with a short review. Music played by Faireys and with Peter Polycarpou (of "Birds of a Feather" and the recent stage "Oklahoma") heading the cast.
  4. Dave Thornton

Dave Thornton Member

In The Red was written by Michael Brand (son of Geoffrey) - I guess around 1998-1999. Fairey's were engaged to record the music, with the idea that this would lead to a production of the show at some stage. We did one performance of only excerpts from the show - in a theatre in London (can't remember which one) - as part of a festival that was showcasing new musicals. I guess neither the show nor the idea went any further. As for the music itself - I remember it being quite entertaining to record, but don't remember much about the plot or synopsis of the story. Sorry I can't be more helpful - seems quite a long time ago.