In need of a B.S. check :-)

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Mr. Stomvi, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Mr. Stomvi

Mr. Stomvi Member

A guy just posted the following statement on the TrumpetHerald web site which can be found here -

"And the Principal Cornet for Dyke, Richard Marshall, plays on a 4B. I was with him a couple of weeks ago at a week long summer school."

For some reason this is ringing my ears as B.S. What's the real scoop here ?

Tanx in advance

Bringer of Truth :)
  2. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Well the chap you quoted also posts regularly here, under a near-identical username, so I'm sure he can reassert what he said there here...
  3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Oh ye of little faith. Richard Marshall is one of the tutors at the International Brass Band Summer School every year. We had a long chat about mouthpieces in the bar. He is of 'old school' mouthpiece for life type. Unlike most trumpet players that are mouthpiece for each bar.
  4. John_D

John_D Member

And yet its been widely reported elsewhere (and on this forum) the Mr Marshall plays on a DW2.
  5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Maybe I misheard him, it was in the bar, and he does talk with that strange northern accent. :p
  6. dhanimiller

dhanimiller Member

I'm sure I've seen an alliance being used in a couple of videos, could be wrong... to be fair it doesn't bother me what he uses, he's still ****** brilliant!