In car charger/adapter thingy bobs!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sugarandspice, May 15, 2007.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Right, i have a bit of a problem- i now have sat nav, which plugs into the cirarette thing in the car as well as my ipod gadget thing and a phone charger, but only one cigarette thing! Is it possible to get an adapter thing that lets you plug in more than one gadget to your cigarette lighter thing?!

Sorry if i've said 'thing' too much!

2. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

3. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

excellent! Now i can listen to my ipod and not get lost at the same time! :)

4. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

ebay!

5. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Excellent, i've been after one of those for ages

6. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

I recently got one from Halfords that fits into my cup holders so it wont roll around on the floor or the seat next to me.

Bargain :)

7. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

well ive not got that problem with my Ford Focus as there is one at the front of the car and one at the back.
    so when i need to use my sat nav the one at the front is used for that and the in car charger goes in the back one.
    FORD FOCUS cars you cant beat em;)

8. dyl

dyl Active Member

Yes you can:

from http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/world_rally/6630809.stm

;)

9. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Ive got a Road Angel Compact and another Radar dectector in my Audi. Rather than having wires all over the place from the ciggie socket (which is at the handbrake), I hard-wired a couple of old sockets from scrap cars into the fuse box and sat them behind the dash side panel.

All I did then was plug the cables into these sockets and hid the excess cables, so everything is nice and tidy. When I leave the car I just disconnect the cables at the dectectors and shove the cable ends into the glovebox, so nothing visable at all!

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I didn't realise Audi made tractors! :biggrin:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    cigarette thing
    car charger
    cirarette thing
    ipod gadget thing
    cigarette lighter thing
  12. premacyblue

premacyblue Member

I've just seen a one to three converter for £1 in Poundworld if you want one on the cheap

13. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

I had an adaptor-thingy for my iPod which plugged into the cigarette holder in my car. Unfortunately, it blew up (literally - sparks and everything) on the way back from a long trip from North Yorkshire. Haven't dared plug anything into socket since....

Me and iPods obviously don't mix, which is obviously a shame as I love mine dearly :frown:

14. andy;-)

andy;-) Member

Really !

JD Power Survey 2007 - Small family cars

10= Ford Focus
    Rating 78.5%
    Overall ranking 67th=
    Politicians used to refer to 'Mondeo Man' as the embodiment of Mr Average, but the Focus fits that bill far better - in these results, it rates as average in every category except one.

Owners were impressed by the low servicing costs, but they were less keen on the car's styling, cabin layout and seat comfort. However, in almost every other respect — from reliability and build quality to dealer service and practicality — the Focus was decidedly average.

15. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Must be thousands of 'average' people then seeing as there are flipping hundreds of thousands and millions and billions of them on the road.

Yes I know there are probably not millions or billions of them but you get the point. People are buying them.