In Bangor Uni and Want a band....

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by stopher, Oct 2, 2005.

1. stopher

stopher Member

If you're studying at Bangor Uni and want a band to keep your lip in, look no further than Menai Bridge Band.

Just across the bridge, it's a 3rd section band who are pretty friendly and you'll get a few beers out of the conductor (Nick Jones need not apply for this - you already get a few beers out of me!!!!)

Even if you're not a student and you are interested then pm me or look at the band's website - and email!

2. stopher

stopher Member

I'll just post this up again. Same rules apply to Nick Jones though!

Cherck out our new website, pm me or email the band for more details! (Especially if you play Euph or Baritone but anyone welcome!!!!!)
  3. welsh_cornetto

welsh_cornetto New Member

Good idea putting that up i'm sure theres plenty of people looking for a band when they go to uni.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2006
  4. sent one of my mates there two years ago he's still at bangnor you need to get him to start playing again
  5. stopher

stopher Member

Was it Andy? If so, he decided to sell his cornet as he had had enough of playing. Don;t think it was down to me conducting or the band - we won the North Wales contest with him and came 5th at Pontins - best spell the band had had with me doing a Zorro impression at the front
  6. as far as im aware he still has his cornet as i had to go to chesterfield at last xmas to play at some garden party. (with free beer) i dont think he would ever sell it. i'll have a word for you before he goes back to uni

7. stopher

stopher Member

Reposting this thread!

Bandroom is about 2 miles from Ffridd site and lifts are available! Monday and Friday night rehearsals (7-9 so still back in time for a night out!

Will defintley need a few cornet players, a Horn and trombone but everyone welcome (plus a few beers after after your first rehearsal).

PM me if you want some more info!
  8. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Just like to add that for a friendly band , close to Bangor can't go wrong with Chris and Menai Bridge , great atmosphere , good facilities and an fine MD who will go out of his way to help you out .
    top band and top geezer...nuff said!!!!!
  9. stopher

stopher Member

Menai Bridge band are looking for new members and are holding a taster day on Saturday October 11th with everyone welcome, no matter what level of playing.

The Junior Band are looking for complete beginners while the Intermediate band is open to players who have a bit of experience or want to get back into playing after a break. The Senior band are looking for Cornet players plus a Horn and a Trombone but warm welcome will be made to anyone who wants to join.

If anyone wants any more details, please PM me or take a look at the band's website -