Improving everyones enjoyment of tMP

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Mar 6, 2006.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I guess many of you knew this was coming, and simply wanted to let you know what we are doing in an attempt to continually improve your enjoyment of what we offere here on tMP.

As tMP continues to grow - in terms of visitors, new memberships, new threads and overall posting rate; the tMP support team are increasingly busy behind the scenes ensuring our rules, policies and guidelines are ahdered to, and that tMP remains the Family Friendly Forum we have become synonymous with. We obviously have a lot more activity to monitor, and have recently recruited the services of four new moderators - each of whom have settled so effectively into their new tMP role - to help to deal with this. However, with our massive increase in activity, unfortunately we also acquire our fair share of members who only wish to spoil things for everyone else. We see an increase of useless and sometimes intentionally offensive posts, made with the sole objective of spoiling peoples enjoyment of tMP.

Rather than as we have in the past, deal with these posts in a rather time consuming manner, we will now amend our process and instantly remove many more of these inane posts, and deal with troublesome members in a far sterner manner. We have seen an increase recently in reported posts from members who feel certain people have overstepped the mark - this is most certainly not what we want and I am taking action to rid tMP of these troublesome members and their quite pathetic posts.

Why some people want to abuse tMP and ridicule others on what is after all, a free service, is beyond me and I fail to understand what it is that I or anyone here might have done to deserve this. If people don't like what they see here, then don't visit us... leave... simple as that.

So, please expect an increase in moved or deleted posts and if at any time you feel your post has been moved without good reason please do contact one of the tMP team at any time. We are here to help, so please contact us with any concerns. To ease reporting of troublesome posts or members, I have added a new function - simply press the red button:) -> [​IMG] and the post will be reported to the tMP team who can deal with it accordingly.

Thanks all.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2006
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    tMP team
    troublesome members
    new tMP role
    offensive posts
  3. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Thanks John!

...nil illegitum carborundum .....!

4. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Ditto.

You have my unadulterated support.

(Could you have it dry cleaned before you give it back, though. ;))

5. Matthew

Matthew Active Member

Thanks for the info and update John, all very fair and reasonable. :) It is often very much underestimated how much behind-the-scenes work, time and effort that has to go on within any successful online forum community.

Best wishes to all the team at tMP. :D

6. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

its such a shame that you have to go to these sort of extreme measures for a few people who can't post responsibly! :(

Thank you very much John and the team who work soooooooooo hard.... as Matthew said your work is hugely underestimated! If it wasn't for you tMP wouldn't be here! so big big thanks to all the moddy's! :D your all fantastic!

7. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

With you on this one John:clap:

8. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

^ What they said :clap:

9. Good idea. I've always wondered - do the mods stay up all night to watch for loonies posting trash at unearthly hours?:-?

10. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

yes, we take shifts

no of course not ;)
    but we have a mod in the US now!

11. dyl

dyl Active Member

Don't need to - we can just as well see the loonies posting trash during the day! ;)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    tMP team
    troublesome members
    new tMP role
    offensive posts
  13. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I resemble that remark! :biggrin: :tongue:

14. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Well, DaveR, now that you mention it...

I suppose it's true :p:p:p

15. Moy

Moy Active Member

Thanks John and all the Mods.
    You do a grand job and are appreciated by the majority.
    That's what we call democracy - eh.:clap:

16. HBB

HBB Active Member

You don't half slag us off!

17. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

wow i dont know how all of you mods keep up with all of us lot there Millions Of us! whos the mod in the US? and whos the Head Of the Mods??

18. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

John 'TheMusicMan' is the Owner and one of two administrators, and I believe Robert 'brasscrest' is a US -based mod!

19. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

oh cool thanks for telling me :tup :biggrin:

20. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I always thought it was Roger Daltrey :eek: ;) :oops:

21. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

they even have their own march;)
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    march of the Mods!!!

welll I thougfht it was funny............... just getting my coat!!!:oops:

22. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Is it just me or is there a slight irony in this?

Igg