IMPORTANT: tMP Software Update Imminent

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Jan 10, 2007.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi All

IMPORTANT: tMP Software Update Imminent

Once again I am upgrading the software we use here on tMP and as such I wanted to let you know you might experience some intermittent availability over the next few days while we undertake this essential upgrade work. Please hang in there if you do find tMP appears to be offline for a few mins every now and then.

I don't want to temporarily close tMP as there is no need to do this, and most of you should experience no interruptions to service whatsoever.

I am sure that somewhere along the line I will have missed some elements of functionality etc, so if you spot something I have missed, or that you know was there previously but isn't any more - please use this thread to let me know about it and I shall add it to the to-do list.

As ever, please shout if you're experiencing serious issues.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2007
  2. Aardvark

Aardvark Member

Hi John

Thanks for spending your time (& money) doing the upgrade :clap: . I've noticed a couple of things missing which I find useful (you may have them on your to-do list already - but just in case !):

Previous thread/next thread at the top of the page (it's still there at the bottom) and the 'Go to top' button. I'm on tMP blue style at the moment, but they don't seem to be on the others either.

3. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Yes I noticed those. Another is that 'home' has dissapeared from the toolbar, and clicking on 'new post' (from the toolbar) includes posts in thread games and totally random! Thanks John, appreciate the work you're doing.
  4. TheMusicMan

Hi Elspeth

Previous thread/next thread - will add that soon.
    'Go to top' button. - Done for tMP Clean

I soon may be removing the tMP Blue style so won't update that just yet.

Hi Jingleram

'home' - should still be on the toolbar.
    'new post' (from the toolbar) includes posts in thread games and totally random! - will certainly have to fix that.

Look out also for some changes to Totally Random et al. To view and post in that category you will soon have to specifically state it in your profile.
  5. Aardvark

Aardvark Member

Lovely - thanks. Speedy service as ever :biggrin:
  6. TheMusicMan

No problem Elspeth. Incidentally, where do you see the Previous / Next thread text?
  7. Aardvark

Aardvark Member

Just at the bottom of the page at present in the centre. Previously (!) it was also in the equivalent place at the top of the page - in line with 'new reply'

8. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I propose to start a 'Save the Blue' campaign then.
  9. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I'm with you - 'Blue' is best :tup
  10. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I'd like to "Save the Blue" too if it is at all possible - I think the other skins are pretty horrid....

(Although I guess I could learn to live with them if I had to..... :()
  11. TheMusicMan

Ok guys - here's your challenge...!

Please, by all means embark on your campaign and feel free to start a poll asking people if they use tMP Blue, and that - to cite some words you may choose to use yourselves here - tMM disgracefully plans to remove this fundamental functionality from tMP.

If it proves to be something I'd be lynched over - then I will consider keeping it for a little while longer.

You have been challenged...:)
  12. dyl

dyl Active Member

13. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I'm not sure I'd lynch you if it was removed - although I might boycott the site! :biggrin: (At least until the withdrawal symptoms become too much to handle!!:tongue:)
  14. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Should have said that I am viewing it in 'Blue' style, much better on the eyes! Now where's that petition...
  15. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I've also notice the 'Forums' link at the top of the Home Page has disappeared.

P.S. Using (and hoping to continue using) 'Blue'
  16. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Is the disappearance of the "playing experience" facility a temporary or permanent thing? Just curious...
  17. TheMusicMan

Just temporary, and it is on my to-do list :)

That nice little feature involves some additional javascript code and if I am totally 100% honest with you, I simply cannot rememebr where I added that code. There's 400 or so templates plus as many php files with tMP, and I dumb forgot:)

I will recall it soon enough though. Why - did you like that function then?
  18. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

If it's a consolation... you can still see the "playing experience" in the member profiles
  19. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

lol :D - pretty sure we've all been there!

It's pretty cool, and fascinating to see the depth of experience that some members have :eek:
  20. TheMusicMan

Tell you what, slip me a fiver on here and I'll push it up the priority list :)

But.... don't tell anyone OK ;)