IMPORTANT - new tMP Application & Migration phase II

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, Aug 17, 2004.

1. jonford

jonford Member

Well done, liking it so far. I have NTL Broadband as well and it is down a lot

2. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Logged in this morning just to see how the change over was going. Wow! we're up and running - looks great, very fururistic!!

Congratulations to John and the team on yet another job well done!!

3. Moy

Moy Active Member

Just manged a very quick look before going off to work.
    All looks good and will browse tonight when I get back.
    Thanks again for all your hard work John.

4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Well done John, it all looks very good to me! Go and have a lie down and a whiskey after all your hard work!

5. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Yay! I can post. I had some browser problems but have managed to sort them out (no idea what I did but it worked...). Looking great, John - well done!

:biggrin:

6. dyl

dyl Active Member

In order to continue the 'lapel badge crusade' you'll need to change your signature too Kirsty!

7. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Well done John - some serious work done here last night folks. I bailed out of my moral-support-type role at about 1am, and John was still going strong...

Three cheers for tMM - we're lucky to have him... 8)

8. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Oops! I'll just go and do that then...

(PS The blushing smiley doesn't seem to work... just had to edit this to take it out)

9. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Just having a quick look before going to band.....it looks brilliant. Well done John and the team for the new look tMP!!! I look forward to browsing on it!

10. groovy

groovy Active Member

Love the new look, and it is pretty quick to load on my tragic dial-up. It will take some getting used to though!

11. yr_epa

yr_epa Member

Looking good here, cheers tMM.

12. alks

alks Member

Heythe new site looks good, but perhaps a bit more corporate looking than previously?. Havent logged on for a few weeks and wondered what on earth was going on!!!

Any way just two quick things

1. There seams to be no way of getting to the forums from the main (start) page(no list of forums). The forum jump option is also not there.

2. Aol still doesnt work. You can log on, but cant make posts.

Other than that its all great...

Alks

13. dyl

dyl Active Member

Click the 'Home' button on the toolbar ;)

14. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

If you click on "Home" on the Portal (second button form the left) that takes you to the index page for the forums.

SNAP!!!

15. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I will also be adding a few more 'useful' type links to the forum NavBar and the header NavBar later tonight. There are several methods of navigation on tMP now, I will post up some "How-to's" later as well.

16. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

I notice there is a "Log Out" facility now but don't remember it on the old forum. What is its purpose? Is one supposed to log out when leaving the forum?

17. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I'm quite sure there also was a "logout" possibility in the old forum.
    It is very usefull for people who are sharing a computer and internet connection...

18. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

If you have several people who have access to your PC, then unless you trust them 100%, it is always safest to logout when you have finished your tMP session. If you don't, then people who are not you are then able to post as you.

Also, if you ever use the web in an Internet Café or perhaps on anothers PC, you will want to logout when you have finished doing whatever you have been doing.

J

19. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

Thanks -- that makes sense.

20. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

It's all looking great John and Team. Very nice professional look and feel.

Just one thing.

If I view the Tune assoc thread in threaded mode, it becomes very slow and I keep getting a message to the effect that 'A script on tis page is making Internet explorer run very slowly' (as if I hadn't noticed) The number of levels also gets silly if people, like me, use quote when they reply. I quite like the idea of a threaded mode, as it helps me fuddled old brain to keep track. However, I'll have to put up with the old method for now.

Yours,

Mike