IMPORTANT - new tMP Application & Migration phase II

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by TheMusicMan, Aug 17, 2004.

1. jameshowell

jameshowell Active Member

Can't believe I'm goiong ot be on holiday when the new look is unveiled.... NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :wow :wow :hammer :evil:

2. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Oooh I've got butterflies just thinking about it... :shock: !
    Just one question, will the URL remain the same, i.e. http://themouthpiece.com ?

Looking forward to the lovely new look, best of luck.
    BMB
    xx

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Yup, the URL will be the same, no plans to change that..:) the only difference is that this domain will take you to a portal/information/summary page instead of to the main forum view.

John

4. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

Excellent stuff!! Looking forward to seeing the new look forum!

Good Luck with the move

5. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

With my usual bandsman's timing I will just be bck from holiday on the Thursday to try out the new look :) Wonderful.

As for glitches etc phooie! You can't make an omlette without breaking eggs. Go for it guys! :terrier

6. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Looking forward to seeing the new forum implemented,
    best of luck with the change over, i'll be biting my nails all day! :cry:
    :roll: :wink:

7. Moy

Moy Active Member

:D Sounds great John and pleased it all happens on our band night.
    Won't be so hard for us who are away for a few hours that evening.

Must thank you all again for the brilliant work you all do.
    John in particular, thanks for the forsight you had, at the beginning in starting what has been and will continue to be a very successful venture.

Ta loads :wink:

8. rutty

rutty Active Member

Hope it all goes well John )

9. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Will the new system be slower or quicker at downloading threads/info :?:
    At the moment on dial-up, this version can be a bit sluggish (but bearable) and I'm hoping that it won't be any worse after the switch :p

Cheers!

10. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Sometimes change is good, and by the look of the sample this will be the case! Can't wait

11. TheMusicMan

Hi Stephen

I will be providing two templates for you to choose from - one will be the exciting all new customised tMP design, and the other, a non-grapical version, which will be much faster to load. The choice as to which style you use will be entirely up to you.

John

12. TheMusicMan

REMINDER

As you may already know, we are planning the tMP application migration from phpBB to vB this Wednesday evening.

Please Note:

tMP will be closed from around 20:00 on Wednesday 25th August for about 8 hours.

I will then hopefully re-open the site in the early hours with the all- new customised tMP design and new application in vBulletin.

I will post regular status updates during the migration process on www.themouthpiece.com and if possible, also on www.themouthpiece.com for anyone who may be interested in seeing how the whole migration is going (moral support appreciated during the silent hours... ;) )

Thanks folks...

13. Moy

Moy Active Member

When I get home from band guess what I'll be doing first.
    I will be there to lend my support John. :wink:

Good luck.

14. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Good luck with the changeover John - look forward to seeing the new look tMP on Thursday!! :wink:

15. TheMusicMan

Final Reminder

tMP will be closed this evening at 20:00 sharp to undertake the move to the new design.

We will re-open sometime in the early hours and I will post regular status updates throughout the migration process.

John

16. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Good luck everybody! Looking forward to it... 8)

17. mikelyons

I can feel the withdrawal symptoms gnawing at my vitals already!

18. TheMusicMan

hehe Mike - incidentally - did you get my email? Can you email back or PM please... ta!

19. mikelyons

Hi John,

I got your mail and mailed back immediately!

My messaging seems to be being a bit stupid as well. I just tried to pm you and the message just sat there in my outbox glaring at me. Weird!

20. TheMusicMan

Welcome back everyone - and thanks for the wait. Well, it is 03:37 and I am very nearly ready to make some final changes to the format and layout, and then I can re-open tMP as promised. Another hour or maybe a little less and I will be ready.

I experienced some major issues during the upgrade - the worst was a total failure in NTL Broadband services in the Newport area from around 1:00 which caused me serious issues. There are also several features that time has not allowed me to implement or activate, but please hang fire, I will get around to these in the coming days.

I really hope you all like the new look tMP. It has taken a lot of time, money and effort to get here, please enjoy it and offer your feedback and comments.

John