Implants? In my mouth??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by lynchie, Nov 28, 2003.

1. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Just been looking at the website for CornetGirl's dental practice, and apparently for just £1200 you can have an implant! Now, just out of interest, what kind of implant could you get in your mouth? Bigger gums? Bigger tongue (Modded)?
  2. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Or a heat sensitive 'tongue pusher' where once activated, you can single tongue so fast, the need for double or triple tonguing would be totally eradicated.

Laws of decency prohibit me from elaborating on lynchie's bracketed comment.
  3. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

of course CG would be better answering this but

simply (well what i know) - in some cases were people can't have a normal denture they can have implants in thier mouth for the denture to fit to - it could use magnets magnets i don't know (i understand more in my head)

this is only information i've picked up of noseying at work
  4. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Jez is right - implants can be used for single teeth, for example in a younger person who'd had a tooth knocked out, or to support a bridge or a denture. They tend to be made of titanium, which fuses to bone. Some use magnets, others act more like a press-stud. I ain't an implantologist, for some reason they really leave me cold, but my boss is and between us we'll answer any questions!

Rach x
  5. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Any chance of a compressed-air cannister type implant, for an extra super pp-sffffffffz ?
  6. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

That would be feasible but would almost certainly be a private charge and would probably require referral to a secondary centre of excellence. This would of course still run by the usual NHS waiting lists of approximately twelve weeks for initial consultation, 12 weeks to then get initial treatment etc.... Call my secretary and we'll diary crunch! :)
  7. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

aww, i was modded.... :cry: all i meant was... no I'll stop now!

anyway, i like the compressed air idea! And I think I now sort of understand the idea behind these implants... sort of...
  8. Steve

Steve Active Member

What do you expect, its a brass band based forum and you asked what mouth implants are available. The mod's were bound to step in at some point.
  9. HBB

HBB Active Member