Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Nanny Ogg, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

Today is the Pagan Festival of Imbolc when you should prepare for the coming of spring, spring clean, cast out and prepare. Anyone doing ought today? I'm de-toxing :frown: , putting around me besom later and sorting out my herb garden for this year.

Oiii LEGAL herbs you lot!!! Although I should consider having a go at home brew :guiness
  2. julestools

julestools Active Member

Don't know about all this spring cleaning and casting out but I might have a wash later :tongue: . May even clean my tooth too.

3. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

Took the car for its annual treat today, a trip out to the car wash. Does that count do you think?
  4. ju33les

ju33les Member

I'm cleaning out my cupboards of biscuits, chocolates and crisps :biggrin:

(There goes the diet again!!)
  5. Tack7

Tack7 Member

In Marsden, Huddersfield, they have an Imbolc march through the village. They all carry lanterns & play drums etc.

6. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Dear God, I'm still getting used to the idea of "Cuckoo Day" in Marsden, if there's a Wicker man involved then as the only southerner in the band I'm off that day :eek:
  7. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

But surely you're prepared to sacrifice yourself in order that the crops are fruitful and the sun comes up. Shame on you, selfish boy...
    Is that the noise of a flint being struck I can hear?
  8. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Boom boom boom boom

Summer is i-cumen in.........

9. bigmamabadger

Lewd singe cuccu?

Y'know, that line always bothered me...
  10. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Well I'm all for fruitfullness where crops are concerned and I love a good sunset. However I don't want to experience all that stuffed inside a burning Wicker man whilst a Christopher Lee lookalike prances around like a Morris dancer sprouting Ye Olde English at me.
  11. bigmamabadger

Sounds like a typical saturday night down Shropshire way. Mind you it's getting harder to find the virgins these days.
  12. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Apparently BMB, in certain (unmentioned) parts of shropshire it's never been possible to find virgins!! There are rumours about certain parts of the south of the county in which it is said that there is a tendency towards inbreeding. You know, the old 3 fingers on each foot routine....gene pool needs a little chlorine etc etc.

Barges Are Great Perhaps U Should See
  13. bigmamabadger

What, you mean like webbed toes and stuff? :tongue: It's just the lead-poisoning y'know...
  14. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

Wicker Man great film. I watch that film at the age of 8 and instead of thinking poor Sergeant Howie. I thought "oh good at least they'll have good crops next year". So reckon that is when I knew. The film relates to Beltane which is celebrated end of APril. There is a brilliant celebration of it in Edinburgh where 100 drummers, drum out the winter. Fantastic.

Must get down to Cornwall to go to some stone circles and celebrations at some point.