Images of the Millenium - Errata thread

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by hipsmann, Dec 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hipsmann

hipsmann New Member

Please does somebody know whether the trombone parts in the first 20 bars of the 2nd section area piece are correct.In the score the trombones have some notes written however the parts have 20 bars rest. Which is correct? Any help is clearly welcome.

2. premacyblue

premacyblue Member

The problem with Millenium is that it was written for 2 Brass bands to play it together.

The part was then announced for the nationals and was hastily rewritten for 1 Brass band and a lot of parts written in the score were taken out or given to other instruments to play.

This is why the score will conflict with a lot of parts (For instance there are 3 Euphonium parts in the score but have given 1 part to the EEb bass which is why he's playing the very high notes!!).

I can see lots and lots of Erratas coming out for this piece as we have had trouble with some parts as well too!

3. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I think there was something issued with the parts - or at least when we (finally) got hold of our set there was a sheet with some errata on it and also informing us of a cut. I'm sure there was something about the trombone parts at the beginning on that. If your band don't have that sheet then a quick call to the publishers (sorry don't know off hand who that is) will get one winging its way to you.

It's a great piece, but having forked out rather a lot of dosh for it, yet again we find ourselves talking of errors in the parts, and I don't understand why we are being asked to cut a section out of an already cut down piece. :confused:

4. Deano

Deano Member

There is another thread about this, can't seem to find it though.

There are also discrepancies between the score and 1st & 2nd Trom parts in the 2nd movement, once I find it I will put in a link.

5. extremebirder

extremebirder New Member

I've noticed this problem too! I've just finished working my way through the parts and score and have filled a good few pages of A4 with differences between the two. Most of them are differences in articulation, but there are also differences in rhythm, and in some instances, the notes are different too! However, in some parts, there are passages missing that appear on the score - sometimes they are quite long passages too! Off the top of my head, the longest appear in the 1st Horn, 1st Trombone and Timp parts.

The parts and score have obviously been prepared from different sources. I've just finished writing a letter to the publisher, so watch this space.

Looks like another £65 well spent!

6. WoodenFlugel

Now you mention it I think it was here that I first heard of the discrepancies. A quick search has found some posts in the Area Test Pieces 2006 thread but as this is a general thread and you would have to wade through 14 pages of posts about the pieces for all sections I'd suggest for now we post Images-specific stuff here.

7. Deano

Deano Member

The posts are on page 16 of the Areas 2006 thread, i've tried to put a link to here but have been unsuccessful. Maybe one of the Mods can try and link it.

8. WoodenFlugel

We have now created a seperate sub-forum for all Area 2006 related threads. This includes new errata threads for all five test pieces. To keep things neat and tidy there I'll lock this thread now - if anyone feels that their post here would be of use in the new "Images" thread please feel free to copy it across. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.