I'm on loop play!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by cornetgirl, Jan 19, 2006.

1. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Do you ever fall into a "patter" when you're at work?? I've just realised that I do - take this afternoon for instance...

"Hi xxx, how are you today? Jump up into the big chair for me please! Now, I'm Dr. Miller and your dentist has asked me to have a look at these poorly teeth and see if I can get you some shiny new ones!"

Yes I have said that sorta thing about 8 times today!!!!

In addition I've discovered its catching, I'm starting to use phrases one of our anaesthetists uses (and he's so relaxing that by the end of a GA list we're all asleep the minute he starts with the "tireder and tireder, sleepier and sleepier" business!!).

So what's your catchphrase at work / band? I forgot to mention that at Guides my usual one is "SHUT UP!!!!!!" and at band it tends to be "sorry, that was bleep, I'll shoot myself later"...

Rach x
  2. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

I have at least 10 mins of drivel that I use several times a day to clients explaining why "Rabbit Mix" is an extremely bad diet for rabbits to eat.
  3. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Well.... I work in sainsbury's :tongue: and I say pretty much exactly the same too each customer!
    I normally have a nice chat with my customer as I'm scanning there stuff (Be nice to checkout person and chat back!) I don't talk to miserable people though :tongue:
    And normally (unless its a particularly interesting or fun person!) I ask if its still raining outside :tongue:
    And I always say things the wrong way round :tongue: like I ask them to sign to confirm they've had there cashback when really I want them to enter their pin number!
  4. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Most common phrases at school to teachers are 'dunno', 'wha?' and 'yeah'
    And at band theyre 'stupid thing', 'grr', its stupid' and 'sorry!!'
    Music lessons are usually 'I cant do it'
  5. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I work at National Probation Offices and my most used phrase is "Get away from my Car you theiving toerag!"
  6. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

After the compulsory 3 hours of CBeebies that I get once LBB comes home my catchphrases tend to be "Fireman Sam, he's going to save the day", When you take a look, inside a book, who knows what you might find", "Tweenie clock, where will it stop". I spend all day improving my brain only to have it turn to cream cheese in seconds at 3:30. I dream about that ****** green and purple mole now...