I'm new at this

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TimJGR, Nov 29, 2016.

1. TimJGR

TimJGR New Member

Hello,
    I've been learning the cornet for a month now and loving it. I played piano & clarinet when I was a teenager but that was 40 years ago. I've joined a couple of bands in London and at this stage have a limited input but it's great. Not too sure how great it is for the other band members though.
    Can anyone recommend a good gig bag as I want to cycle to the rehearsals. I've looked at quite a few but they all seem to be limited in that they have very little storage for anything other than just the instrument. It would need to carry a mute and A4 music. Fusion have a range of bags which go up to £193. Does anyone have experience of these bags or these types of bag and could they really protect your instrument if ever, God forbid, dropped?
    Thanks in advance
    Tim

2. TrumpetNick

TrumpetNick Member

No gigbag will protect properly your cornet of it falls from the bike. Even a protec case may cause probles if it falls while you are cycling. The only case I have seen so far, that can give this kind of protection is the torpedo bag, but that's expensive and more appropriate for a trumpet. However, if you get a gig bag with shoulder straps (2) it will be less likely to get droped.

3. TimJGR

TimJGR New Member

Thanks for the fast reply. I just wondered if there are any hard plastic moulded gig bags. I suppose along the lines of the hard cases that only have the one handle........but with shoulder straps.

4. TrumpetNick

TrumpetNick Member

most of the new foam kind of hard cases have shoulder straps. Just look what is available in your area.

5. TimJGR

TimJGR New Member

Thanks once again

6. TrumpetNick

TrumpetNick Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  7. TimJGR

TimJGR New Member

Thanks Nick, that looks very interesting and exactly what need. Thanks for taking the time.