I'm looking for a band in south Yorkshire.

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by boogaloo, Jan 16, 2008.

1. boogaloo

boogaloo Member

I am looking to start playing again after some time off, and i was wondering if any bands out there had any vacancies.

I prefer to play Euph, Trom or Eb bass is always a possibility.

I would prefer to play either forth or third section.

PM me with any ideas.

2. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

Hi There

The Band of The West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service (www.wyfrsband.com) based just outside Leeds/Bradford in Birkenshaw currently have vacancies for a trombone player or much more essentially an eflat bass player.
    A tuba is available should you need one and uniform is provided etc.

We do have people travel from the Barnsley/Wakefield areas as well as Harrogate,Ripon and as far away as Cheshire.So, hopefully this would be within traveling distance for you.

We are a concert band with full sections throughout the band, superb attendance and commitment and a full year of concerts ahead.

As a service type band, we also do some ceremonial work which may interest you as something different as well as many concerts in prestigious venues.
    Last year we undertook a tour of Ypres where we took part in the ceremonies at the Menin Gate. This was a fantastic tour both socially and musically and gave the band a chance to take part in this very important ceremony.

This year, we have a 4 day polish visit where we are visiting Lubartow, hosted by the fire service band over there playing in a music festival amongst other gigs and are being accommodated in a lakeside setting with swimming/BBQ facilities etc. So, in essence, its going to be a good tour and its certainly not too late to add you in. Sounds good!

Currently, we are also looking to start Dixie and dance bands as well as brass and woodwind quintets so the opportunities to expand your musical horizons are limitless really.

Socially, we attend the pub after rehearsals ( well its rude not to) and also have a number of social functions throughout the year.
    I only joined the band a year ago and can honestly say that I have never met a more friendly bunch of people.
    Also, I joined having been away from playing for 6 years and was encouraged to attend so the fact that you are coming back to blowing isn't an issue.

I do realise that you may be looking for an opening in the brass band world but perhaps you would consider coming for a blow and give us try. I;'m sure you will enjoy it.

If you fancy a chat, then please send me your number and I;ll call or feel free to call me on 07972 403802

If you feel we aren't for you then I wish you every success and hope you find what you are looking for.

Best wishes

3. sibeck

sibeck New Member

Old Silkstone Brass Band are always on the look out for trombone players. If you to pm me i can give you some contact details
    They are based just off Junc 37 on the M1
  4. kensar

kensar Member

How far South Yorkshire are you looking? Where are you based?
  5. tomskibabes

tomskibabes Member

Creswell Colliery brass band, Local fourth section are looking for Eb bass players and can provide instrument if you are able to travel to Clowne (junction 30 M1) see website for details and contacts.

thanks for looking

6. Oughtibridge band north of Sheffield would always welcome an extra body in the band room.