I'm growing a daft moustache for charity, please help!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by euphonium_john, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Hi Folks,

I am growing a daft moustache this year for Movember. I have decided to put down my razor for one month (November) and help raise awareness and funds for men’s health – specifically prostate cancer.

What many people don’t appreciate is that one man dies every hour of prostate cancer in the UK, more than 35,000 men will be diagnosed this year and that prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men in the UK. Facts like these have convinced me I should get involved and I am hoping that you will support me.

Also it's worth a couple of quid just to irritate the misses. Mind you, since the facial hair has taken hold - the marital relations have gone on hold - so I REALLY need this to be worth while!!!

To donate to my Mo, you can either:

• Click this link http://uk.movember.com/mospace/26561/ and donate online using your credit card, debit card or PayPal account
    • Write a cheque payable to ‘The Prostate Cancer Charity - Movember’, referencing my Registration Number 26561 and mailing it to: Movember - The Prostate Cancer Charity, First Floor, Cambridge House, Cambridge Grove, London, W6 0LE.

Thanks Guys, hope you will make it worth the pain!!!

John

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    The Prostate Cancer Charity - Movember
    Hi Folks
    UK
    Movember - The Prostate Cancer Charity
  3. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Worth the pain? growing a tash? You really know how to get people interested in a challenge!

I've had a daft tash for years - never found it much of a challenge.

Good luck with helping a worthwhile cause though (and if you come up with something a tad more interesting/challenging I might even consider putting my hand in my pocket)

4. The pain is, since I have the facial hair the misses won't go near me - so certain husbandy wifey things are currently on hold! - HENCE THE PAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN!

5. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Phew :oops: - at least this tight Yorkies money is safe then :D

Maybe if you start to suffer muscle wastage due to the lack of shaving excercise, you could come up with alternative excercise to ease your problems ;)

6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Not wanting to steal your thunder mate but I'm also a member of our Movember team at work. Good luck with the fund raising.

p.s. Mine's a 70's retro B movie tash, what's yours?

7. Columbo

Columbo Member

I applaude you John. I hope the missus has also put the immac away for a while and you can also put up with her facial hair! (Only joking mate) Good luck with your cause. ;)