I'm going to America!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sugarandspice, Nov 6, 2006.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

*jumps up and down*

I've just had an interview and been accepted to go and do my teaching practice in New York next March for two months!!

I'm so happy! Wah-hoo!! :)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Ireland
    America
    England
    Barnaby Bear
    easter
  3. gawber

gawber Active Member

Oh well done Kelly!

You go girl!!!

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Nice one Kelly - just got back from a week there myself - a very busy city it is too!!! I am sure you will enjoy yourself.

5. sugarandspice

Cheers! I will be teaching in Fredonia, which is a suburb away from the city (next to one of those big lake things i think!) but get chance to go exploring after my teaching practice which is going to be amazing!!

6. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Congratulations. Fredonia is on the south shore of Lake Erie. It's a nice rural area with some excellent shopping in Buffalo, NY and Erie, PA not too far away. It's about as far from New York City as you can get and still be in New York State though.

7. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Well done!! Did any of those obvious questions come up?

8. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

Well done Kelly :tup
    does that mean you'll be away for the Areas and Whit Friday or can you sqeeze it in between the two!!;)

9. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Well done you!! thats graet news

10. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Bed- now!!!

Well done Kelly, you'll have a great time! :)

11. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Way to go Kelly. Sounds like a great opportunity, should be ace!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Ireland
    America
    England
    Barnaby Bear
    easter
  13. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Thats brilliant news Kelly, well done you!

You'll have a fantastic time out in the US - New York is a great city.

14. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

OH MY GOSH!!! Kelly I am soooooooooooo jealous of you! I'm applying for that next year! Isn't there only like 4 places though? You must be a very impressive little student! Go you! I hope you're going to take your euph and find a nice friendly American band to play with whilst you're there?!

Well Done Kelly.... have fun whilst I'm in cold cold Exmouth! :tongue:
    Oh and send me a postcard! You know where I live! :tongue:

Fi
    xx

15. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Compared to Fredonia in January, February and March, Exmouth will be tropical :)

16. sugarandspice

Oooh, found out we get a trip to Toronto, and get to visit Niagra falls too, so I can also say "I'm going to canada!!"

oh yes! "so why do you want to go to America"- Well who wouldn't!! talked loads about all the musical things i've done tho which really helped- not sure if that has anything to do with the fact that the guy interviewing me plays trombone tho! :)
    Oh and he said i was clearly a very confident person as in the past every time i see him i run up and ask him if hes going to join Lympstone yet! apparently not many people do that! :oops: :)

rough dates are 20th of march till 12th of may, so i'll be fine for the areas, tho it will be the last proper contest i do that year, anyone know the date of whits yet?! would be ace if i do still get to do both!

10 places. 200 in my year- does that make me special yet! :)

we've already discussed the fact that i'll probably have to play in bass clef over there so i need to get practicing!

is it really going to be that cold? i dont like the cold!

Cheers for all your support guys :) i think 2md summed it up nicely the other day- I'm going to be Southern Yanky Pasty now, and i cant wait! :)

17. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Congratulations, Kelly. Now you have to teach them how to speak proper!
    Last time I was in Buffalo we heard a drive-by shooting take place, so be careful! ;-)

18. sugarandspice

Um thanks! :(

19. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Hey Hey good luck in the US , brilliant country to visit....upstate New York is pretty nice and a visit to Toronto and the Niagra falls....good luck sounds ace

20. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

You'll be fine, honest!
    SO, if you're joining an american band you'll have to learn to carry your euph on your shoulder, and swaying rapidly from side to side while you play... whilst wearing a silly hat! :)

21. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Well done Kelly !

Very proud of you winning a place there . Of course you also have to face two months with no real ale ( OK - massive generalisation , there are some smashing micro-breweries in the states ! ) or a decent cup of tea but there you go !

22. sugarandspice

Convenient name change! (but i know you are just doing it to annoy me!! :p ) As i have tried to tell you for well over a year now- I DON'T DRINK REAL ALE! and anyway, i'll still be a minor over there so i wont be able to drink anything! (my liver wont know how to cope!)

sounds like the after affects of a contest to me! Should be fine!:confused: