Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Will the Sec, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

What a bummer.

I've got an ear infection that the quack says is contagious, so I can't go to band tonight.

Could be worse. At least tMP is up and working to amuse me...
  2. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

Hope your feeling better soon :D
  3. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Yes but you can also transmit viruses by computer y'know....
    If my ears go funny I'll know who to blame.
    Hope you get better soon, ear infections are nasty
  4. Lisa

Lisa Member

That is sooo true! I always seem to become ill after speaking online to someone who is ill!! :frown:
  5. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Wondered why the bass was still at my house :dunno
  6. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I believe it's nights like this that the tune association thread was made for Will!
  7. Di

Di Active Member

^ Thinks will should be tune association
  8. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

ahem... wrong thread mum...
  9. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

silver threads among the gold

p.s. I hope you get better soon, Will...
  10. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Get well soon Will, I hope that your illness isn't interfering with your creative composing talents :cool:
  11. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Is this a coincidence but the advert at the bottom of this thread page is for
    cure for pets with ear infections? Are we now being hit with targeted marketing information? If it's for pets will it work on humans and is it cheaper?

[font=verdana,arial,sans-serif]Ear Infections[/font]
    [font=verdana,arial,sans-serif]Eliminate your pets ear infections with Amber Tech's Otalgia Drops [/font]
  12. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Not a sop player then :lol:

Every composition of my dear brother's has the sop part upto Top "c", he has been called other things besides "a creative composer" [​IMG]

Prepared for the back lash as I get told that he has written pieces that do not go up that high:!:
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2004
  13. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Nah, it shouldn't affect his compositional talents, after all, an ear infection? Even deafness couldn't stop Beethoven!**

** Before anyone wonders whether I'm comparing Mr Elsom to Beethoven, I should add that I was in fact, referring to Clive van Beethoven, a distant descendant of Ludwig, who also composed and went deaf....

:) :) Only kidding, Will! Get well soon!
  14. Will the Sec

Oh, no.

That's done and only needs dusting. (i.e. basic shape is there, chords and percussion to be added.)

I'll put it up on Sibelius Music over the weekend so you can have a listen.

(Of course, I've only been hearing it through one ear since Monday...)
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2004
  15. Will the Sec

Oh, no. No denials from me, buddy.

ALL my pieces feature at least one 16 beat top C in the Sop. Unless I'm writing for Becontree, in which case it's the Bb Bass that goes up that high for protracted periods. *snigger*
  16. Will the Sec

Good news - just got the all clear from the quack. Can't believe I'm saying it, but it'll be good to get back to work on Monday!
  17. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

About 3 months ago my hand went septic it murdered me use my valves on my BARITONE .
  18. Will the Sec

Oh, no. I've only ever been called "Drake Rimmer reborn".
  19. Will the Sec

Ah, but this isn't about the pain involved. Only the risk of cancelling the whole of the following rehearsal by passing on something contagious at this week's stopped me going.
  20. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

>>passing on something contagious

I have been wondering about that a little .......... did the doctor explain exactly what sort of ear infection it was and how it would be contagious? I can't think of any seriously contagious diseases that would affect the ears, and they certainly wouldn't spread except through direct contact.