If You Won the Lotto

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Hells Bones, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

If you won £130Million on the Euro Millions, what would you do?

I believe I would pay my way through Uni, buy a house and look for a job, I couldn't not work even if it was a 2 hour a day job

Oh, I'd also pay for the renovation and upgrade to my Band Club

2. leisa

leisa Active Member

I would...pay all my loan off first of all, buy a nice house in saddleworth/huddersfield, buy a penthouse in Leeds and Manchester and buy a apartment or whatever in Australia...not really huge ones just reasonable sized ones!!

I would buy a new car and buy my boyfriend a car, pay my parents morgage off and send them on a coupe of holidays would also give them 1 million, would give my band some money and would also give Flixton some money :wink: , ummm...would take my mum shopping in New York, give a bit to charity...eerr thats about it i think!!!:biggrin:
  3. Hells Bones

No Shopping in Harrods?
  4. leisa

leisa Active Member

I would of course go shopping...that goes without saying :tongue:
  5. Hells Bones

OOH! I forgot to add

I would also put some moeny aside for my nephew upon his entering Uni.
    He would receive funding from me to studay at Uni and would also receive instruments from me
  6. Texus

Texus Member

Clear the mortgage etc, buy a ****** fast car, shares in my local, sort the boys out etc.
    And then obviously have a quiet chat with my headteacher!
  7. jamieow

jamieow Member

How could you decide what to do with such an obscene amount!!!
    The interest alone on that amount of capital woiuld be enough to pay for about 10 person's wages of say £50k a year!!! - I'm just guessing, could be way out there!!!
    I'd certainly donate more than a sizeable chunk to some well respected, organised charities etc, then I'd go on a massive holiday to help me decide on how best to invest (and spend).
    I'd probably also buy Wrexham Football Club - need stability, get a decent manager in etc..I'd deffo 'sort' out close family and friends etc - it's just so much money!!!
    I'd also buy some serious and classic cars - Ferrari 275, lambo Muira, Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7 - 1972 model and some more modern ones - just cos I could!!!! Maybe a massive Hummer too!!!
  8. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Why on earth would you look for a job? With that amount of money, you have to have a seriously poor imagination to not be able to fill in your time with things. So much of the world to see, so much to do. If you had to work, surely you would start your own business, not work for someone else! :-?
  9. Hells Bones

I'd get bored if I didn't work, but then again, I could always practise instead?
  10. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Where do I start?!

Build a new bandroom, get new percussion gear, instruments and new music and also a plane for our conductor so he can get down from Glasgow more often!

Id modernise our farm so that its makes thing so much easier, build big new sheds and new milking parlour, and buy a couple of big stonking Massey Ferguson tractors!! And also build a race track in one of my fields!

Id upgrade my Audi S4 to the new RS4, and get the new R8 to have as a spare at weekends!! Clothes, big tv's, holidays for family, gadgets, houses, boat, my own ten-pin bowling alley, swimming pool..... etc etc!

The list can go on and on...., Id make a good job of spending it, afterall you cant take it with you!!
  11. Bungle

Bungle Member

I could pay all the best players to join my band, win the national finals and ...... become the most unpopular bandsman in the uk ;)
  12. six pints

six pints Active Member

It would probably pay off most of my debts, any left could be spent in the bar next year at butlins :)
  13. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Immediately resign from my job. Buy a house in Sheffield and a bflat bass. Set up an account with a taxi firm so I could get everywhere without having to learn to drive. Give some money to both bands I play in. Go back to Uni and do some courses just for interest.
  14. knuxie35

knuxie35 Member

Just curious....out of that amount, how much would go to your government? You might factor that in when you make your plans.

I was asked once what I would do if I won the lottery here in the States. I said ,

'Anything I want.'

Was there any more to say?

Ken F.
  15. Hells Bones

Good Answer :tup
  16. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Would be a great way to get a peerage!! :biggrin: (ducks!!)
  17. Hells Bones

How sharp was that? Round of aplause for Jingleram :clap: :tup
  18. Texus

Texus Member

Am i allowed to lower the tone and say that i would buy and then MD 'Boobs and Brass'?
  19. Hells Bones

Do They allow Male MD's?
  20. Bungle

Bungle Member

That's ok, he could afford a sex change. The sacrafices we make for banding.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2007