if you had a million pounds....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by six pints, Nov 29, 2004.

1. six pints

six pints Active Member

I got a new jumper today for uni swimming team, and im just sitting thinking how lush are new jumpers?!! if i had a million pounds i would get a new one veryday, specially now the ice is setting in.
    So what would you do?
  2. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

A million pounds....
    hmmm, that should just about cover my student debts!
  3. rutty

rutty Active Member

If you had a million pounds surely you'd be able to move somewhere warmer, thus no longer requiring jumpers? ;)

Hmmm, if I had a million pounds I'd buy a new house, car, invest enough to make sure that I'll be comfy in my dotage then give the rest to charity. :)
  4. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

If I had a million pounds I'd get a new "posh" car... the best drum kit I can find... 4 timps... get a house.... pay off my students loans... pay back my dad what I owe him... treat my family to a holiday.... give a load of money to MERGE, or a related charity....

... the list could go on a long time... so I'll stop ;-)
  5. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Loadsa Branston Pickle!!!
  6. HBB

HBB Active Member

New Horn and Clavinova (so atleast I'd have something to play on at home!) :)
  7. ComposerAndy

ComposerAndy Member

I'd buy love and happiness and prove the world wrong.
  8. lewis

lewis Member

Know the feeling! Would pay off all my debts and buy a house so I have to shed out all my earnings every month on rent! As I live in london I probably have enough left for a big mac after that
  9. rightnowmusic

rightnowmusic Member

I'd turn it in 2 Million ! (well... nearly.... US Dollars, that is :D )
  10. Chris Sanders

And new Pelvis's for my mates!!!

TIMBONE Active Member

On second thoughts, I would keep enough for cosmetic surgery on my nose, which has grown longer even while writing this reply.
  12. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I have a cheque for one million pounds and seventy seven pence that one of my friends at uni wrote for me a couple of years ago...If I knew it wouldn't bounce, I'd....

• Pay of my debts
    • Give mummy and daddy a bit wadge (I'm spoilt and I owe them!),
    • Give loads to charity, especially Cancer research and Save the Children
    • Pay off some of my friends debts (only the ones who deserve it)
    • Buy a house and a new car
    • Charm a sexy man with my new found wealth (who also has loads of money as I don't think I'll have enough for my plans)
    • Finish my degree, then maybe do some charity work.
    • Generally use my money to make people happy.
    • Give tmp loads ;)
    Edit....I forgot the cosmetic surgery, probably have a bit of that too
  13. groovy

groovy Active Member

I'd buy a million lottery tickets.
  14. Chris Sanders

And a box at Eastlands!!
  15. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

id pay off me debts then place it in a high interest account and live comfortably for the rest of my lif doing nothing and buying the constant playstation updates in a rented room
  16. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

I think I would have to: Give my Dad a load of money because he spoils me rotten, Rub it in my mothers face (mother and I don't get on), I'd buy every possible combination for a warbuton mouthpiece, buy a really cool apartment, buy lots and lots of music, pay tMP lots of money and give some money to charity- most likely cancer research!
  17. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I'd open up a proper pub back in the States with a bandroom and Gazebo. Then I could quit my job and run it. One of the rooms would be reserved for travelling tMPers.
  18. Euphliz

Euphliz New Member

Hum................... I think it would definalty have to be a new Euph, and a car and possibly a house, oh and beer :guiness of course!
  19. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I'd go and share Pat's pub (If he'd let me) and take all of Old Hall with me, then he'd have a proper band to play in the Gazebo. :)

Just before this I would go around to all the ********s in senior positions in my school (most of them) and show them a VERY long finger :)
  20. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

We already have a proper band to play in the Gazebo....

....but there's no problem having two proper bands to play in the Gazebo ;)