If you guys dont help, my MD will beat me!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by akwarose, Nov 26, 2004.

1. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

ok you helpful bunch of knowledgable :)-? ) ppl....

does anyone know where i can get the Alan Fernie arrangement of The Lion King Selection?
    coz our MD's been lookin for it for ages and has had no joy, same with me dad. so i thought i'd make use of the huge amount of intelligence on tMP and ask!!!!
    if anyone does know can u PM me? coz i'll forget this threads here and never check again, so i wont know ur answers :p

cheers u brainy bunch xxx

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

A calculated guess would be Obrasso as the publisher, since I believe Alan Fernie is contracted to them and they tend to get bands to record their music on CD for promotional purposes.

3. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Obrasso.

But a word of warning: Our band ordered some music which they published and it took 6 weeks for it to arrive.
    So if you want it for Xmas then you will struggle to get it.

4. jhall

jhall New Member

Best idea would be to contact Alan himself and if anyone should know he will..address and tel No is in the Bandsman (or used to be)..........

5. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

I usually go through Banks Music at York for whatever music we need. They do all the hard work searching and half the time I get music cheaper through them than I do if I go direct to the Publishers. I saved £15 on Tam o'Shanters ride

6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... with the massive output Alan Fernie has, would you like people phoning you up (if you were in his position) asking about this arrangement or another? When would any new stuff get done? :rolleyes:

7. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Its an excellent selection - wish our band could play it. Hope you find it.

8. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

lol, not sure whether we can yet :p

no luck with obrasso guys, but will try banks in york, and will carry on searching, but any flashes of inspiration lemme know!!!!

9. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

There are other Lion King arrangements..a brill one by Reid Gilje ( with singing ) from Nordic Sounds and a Phil Harper arrangement.

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    guys
    arrangement
    bunch
    anyone
    amount
  12. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

13. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

Bernaerts...

Think that applies to all Bernaerts arrangements doesnt it... think he must hate trombonists..

14. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Is it true that he tries to arrange as many chart hits as they appear? :rolleyes:

15. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Sorry to hear you were unlucky with Obrasso. I spoke to Alan himself on Sunday and he said try Obrasso first.

16. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

cheers john!!! we couldnt find it in the catalogue, but gunna try ringin em tomorrow and asking.

thanks again brainy bunch. any more suggestions, keep em comin!!!