If you do not support a baseball team yet...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by DublinBass, Aug 10, 2005.

1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

the Indians are my home town team and I am starting to think they are having the magic of 1995 again.

The Indians overcame a 5-0 deficit Sunday to win 6-5.

Tonight they were down 6-1 going into the 8th and 7-2 going into the 9th and won 13-7.

IN-F***-ING Credible!!

If none of you support a team, please support the Indians.

Now I realise they are not proper Indians, but rather Native Americans, forthe nu,ber of times I was called a Yank and Cleveland is battling the Yankees for the last playoff spot, I see it as your country owes it to me :p
    Not really but, but I'd appreciate it!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Indians
    Yank
    Yankees
    Cleveland
    proper Indians
  3. rutty

rutty Active Member

It's just rounders really isn't it? Girls play it over here ;)

4. DublinBass

I prefer to thing of it as cricket with four wickets, an out of bounds and finishing in 3 hours instead of 5 days ;)

5. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Come on the Rockies! Colorado Rockies for me.

6. cujo_134

cujo_134 Member

I used to be a Toronto Blue Jays fan when i was little, but have sort of lost interest in baseball.

7. HANNAH

HANNAH Member

Chicago Cubs through and through!!!

8. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

No. it's definitely rounders and the 3 hours seems like 5 days! :) Still, I suppose it is better than American Football.

9. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Aye it's rounders...but I went to see the "Milwaukee Brewers " in 1997 , It's a good way to get thru loads of beer , burgers and chicken wings..Mmmm
    still it lacked Cheer leaders which I saw in Green Bay.... :)

10. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

I'm a Yankees fan and have been since I was first at Yankee stadium many moons ago, so sorry Pat, I can't offer the Indians my support (unless they are playing the A's in which case I hope you take games off each other, or the BoSox).

11. DublinBass

GLORY HUNTER!!

:p ;)

(actually its nice for somebody to have an actual, legitimate reason to like the yankees...the first european footie match I saw was Chelsea and I always get crap for supporting them now that they are yankee-like <perhaps beyond yankee-like> in their spending)

BTW with 9 wins in their last 10 games then Indians just past the Yanks in the Wild Card Standings!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Indians
    Yank
    Yankees
    Cleveland
    proper Indians
  13. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Haven't had much glory since 2000, have we! lol

If the pitching rotation ever heals then we might just put a string of wins together. I haven't known a team like it, with Wright, Pavano, Brown, Johnson all on the DL.

14. Lothianh

Lothianh Member

Man, you must be a glutton for punishment!! :D Maybe I shouldn't mention that the Cubs have been on an eight-game losing streak which has put them in a really difficult position to make the playoffs...

Since I'm not a native of Chicago I don't really get wrapped up in the whole White Sox/Cubs, South Side/North Side rivalry thing. That said, I really like the White Sox this year, as I think they're playing really good, intelligent baseball. So, sorry BBCBari, but GO WHITE SOX!

Other than that, I'll root for anyone against the NY Yankees, for pretty much the same reasons as many people will root against Chelski. I respect some of their players a great deal, but it's always fun watching the Yanks lose to a team with a fraction of their payroll.

-Lothian

15. DublinBass

Its a shame that even though (since the started the central divsion) itis usually the White Sox or Indians that win the division, there has never been a good division "race" between the two. Which ever team wins, usually wins by a good margain.

Would be nice to get two AL central teams in the playoofs though

16. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

With Wang (yes that is his name) and Wright coming back of the DL and Small looking like a ML pitcher (can anyone actually believe that?) I still think the Yankees can take the wildcard. I know a lot of fans would prefer the wildcard to come from either of the other divisions, but with the offence stuttering into life and the pitching staff getting healthy, I think it will be 2 teams from the East again.

17. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

If I had to chose a baseball team Pat, it would be the Baltimore Orioles. Simply cos way back in 1990, I went to one of their games & Tom Selleck was sat about 4 rows in front!! :clap:

18. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

Rounders with stats.

Boring, tedious stats at that - same as 'football' (American variety).

If you want to hit a ball with a stick, try shinty. As a lowlander, there appear to be two rules...

1) Score points
    2) No fatalities... :clap::p

19. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

I gave up trying to convince fellow Brits about North American sports years ago. Needless to say that behind football (aka soccer) Ice Hockey, Baseball and American Football get my attention. The belief that a lot of Brits hold (i.e. that these sports are boring) always strikes me as unfounded. Next you'll be telliing me that groups of people come together twice a week to play brass instruments and getted shouted at!

20. DublinBass

Hey Yorkie

If you don't support a Hockey team yet...you can joing me in supporting the Blue Jackets :D

21. DublinBass

This turningout to be a fantastic race. I saw the Indians win tonight to stay 0.5 games ahead of the Yankees who also won (against the Red Sox no less)!!!

22. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Habs through and through. Maybe one day we won't suck!