If You Could Make a Sausage

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Nov 17, 2004.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

As i am a Butcher, yesterday we made a PORK, BLACKPUDDING AND HERB SAUSAGE for a Hotel.
    So today we sampled it, and YES it was fantastic Flavour.
    If you could make a sausage what flavour would it be?
  2. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

Mutton Vindaloo?
  3. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

Chicken Tikka
  4. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

Beef and Guinness
  5. HBB

HBB Active Member

Only like cheap, 95% fat free sausages.... (Seriously ... think they're nice than anythin that's been near a herb)
  6. Di

Di Active Member

Would probably have to say a tripe sausage like they make in France if only to see Steves face again as it was that night when he was barbecuing one and it exploded "bits" all over the place. Honestly, it was GROSS! But sooooo funny. :-D
  7. Bluebottle

Bluebottle Member

had one of them! quite nice....beef sausages bit too dry and chunky usually for my liking....

Pork, garlic and onion?!

suppose chocolate sausages wouldnt work.....tho some strange person did decide choc and papaya would be a gd filling for a pasty!
  8. my dads a butcher and he makes his own sausages think sum have leeks in but there ****** lovely. same with the burgers
  9. Bluebottle

Bluebottle Member

theres someone near me who makes pork and apple burgers.......soooooooo nice......

10. ju33les

ju33les Member

I only seem to like cheap 95% MEAT free sausages, padded out with toenails and knee caps.:-D

Although I'm very very partial to Lincolnshire sausages from Market Rasen.....always pop into the butchers there when over that side of the country
  11. six pints

six pints Active Member

this reminds my of year nine food technology- the burger project! you had to make your own flavour burgers. i made pork and apple, and turkey and stuffin. both were quite nice. id make um into sausages too.
  12. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I like Venison Sausages and I remember (as a kid) always having tomato sausages at my grandad's house. Pork, garlic and tomato sounds nice :biggrin:
  13. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

My personal favourites are wild boar & thyme - a local butcher does these and they are soooo richly flavoursome.
    If I hadn't just eaten, this would be making me really hungry
  14. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

something involving marmite, balsamic vinegar and red onions....I'd let you work on the finer points!
  15. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I like Big Twigge's suggestion! Yum! Had a herby sausage toad in the hole today!

What flavour would I like? Jaffa cake! ;-)
  16. six pints

six pints Active Member

party rings are far superior to jaffa cakes, and would make a delightful sausage!
  17. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Spam sausage! (Not so much haute cuisine as 'scrote' cuisine but.... well, right up my street, then! ;-))
  18. six pints

six pints Active Member

this post just made me remember the BEST song ever

(sung to i love rock n roll)

I love sausage rolls
    so put another load in the oven, baby
    I love sausage rolls
    Pasties just dont taste the same!

(ok maybe not the best song ever, but good for drunken singing! i wish i was drunk...)
  19. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

Chicken Tarka!

Similar to Chicken Tikka, but a little 'otter! :rolleyes:

20. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Chicken and stuffing! (the only time you could have Roast Potatoes and sausages!