If I hadn't been a member of tMP I would be . . . . .

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ploughboy, Apr 12, 2008.

1. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Following on from the "What would I have been if i'd not been at band" I thought I'd see what you guys would have missed out on with tMP.

If I hadn't been on tMP

i'd have missed the opportunity to play for the Imps, therefore, my first Top secion band, British Open, Yorkshire Area top section.

Not met my brilliant missus!

Not met dozens of folk i've become friends with

Had more empty seats in my bandroom.

tMP is a brilliant place to be, so why are you glad you were online . . . . . ?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  2. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

... still watching too much telly. (one screen for another)

Not have met (fingery button wise) such nice people as Messy, Hellsy, Reppy, Robby, Lyonsy, Wherryy, badgery, popsy, cleggy, Moominy, Dunky, hunky and chunkyy. Fine fellows one and all!

Not have had chance to learn to love (well quite like) and cherish that strange breed of anorak toting techno's - "the mods"

Not learnt to tap my fingery buttons at more than two words a minute!

Not found all those people whose spelling and grammar are even worse than mine :wink:

3. leisa

leisa Active Member

Same, I probably would not have met my boyfriend

I may not have met a few of my best friends

And probably wouldnt have had chance to help as many bands out

4. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

a billy in a not as good band!

5. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

never have played at Whit Fridays and certainly wouldn't have made all the friends I have. Now when I go to contests I can't walk more than a few yards without someone I've met on here saying hello to me

6. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

Well not just the TMp, computing in general and the net has opened up a large area to me. I doubt if I could do as good a job as press officer for a start off, my hours of work mean that trying to get hold of, or pass on reports to news people would have been extremely difficult if not for E Mail. Although it could be argued I spend too much time on the computer and not enough time elsewhere I have benefited in my musical knowledge from learning from others here and other music based forums. However I must cut back a little in order to get in that bit more practice on my instrument, no good learning the knowledge and not using it.

7. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I love it how i come in 2nd place to playing for the IMP's.......Hmmmm......It's a good job i love you Hallas!

If i hadn't been a member of tmp people i wouldn't have spent most contests walking up to random people saying 'are you on tmp?' which of course led me to finding The Cornet King and Ploughboy at Butlins and so meeting my nearly brillaint boyfriend :)

Also wouldn't have played at Whits and probably wouldn't have even gone to butlins.

And i wouldn't have played for The Emley and my Mobile Contacts list would probably be about half the size it is now! ;)

8. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

what do you mean nearly - I'm practically Perfect in every way!

9. leisa

leisa Active Member

Except for the geekish bit ;)

10. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

How very dare you!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    British Open
    Imps
    section
  12. leisa

leisa Active Member

You know its true

13. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Bang to rights!! Guilty as charged Hallas!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

If I hadn't had access to tMP? I would have a much smaller circle of Band friends and our band room would be a much less populated, sorrier looking place.

14. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

....probably not playing, as tMP helped to rekindle my interest in banding, when my playing was going through a particularly bad spell (even for me!!).

....richer financially, as I then wouldn't have shelled out for a spanking new flugel.

....poorer socially. At contests I've got used to running into at least a couple of people who I know primarily through tMP.

15. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Not only at contests, even in foreign countries ;)

for myself:

- I wouldn't have had the pleasure of meeting Pat, Diana and playing with the Brass band of Columbus at a rehearsal during my business trips to Michigan and Ohio

- I wouldn't have had the pleasure of meeting Dave and playing with Kidlington Concert Brass at rehearsal during one of my business trips to Oxford

- I wouldn't have had the pleasure of visiting a concert by Wigston Band and a rehearsal by Polysteel Band during a business trip to Coventry

- I wouldn't have met several other (British) people from the forum during their trips to Belgium and Holland (like HorniKaz, Ipswich trom, Straightmute, Brasspenguin, ...)

- I would be less fluently in English, especially British English (like how to use the word "cheers" ;) )

16. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

If I hadn't been a member of tMP..... I would be busy doing some work