Idea for Cheaper Petrol

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by MRSH, Jan 30, 2006.

1. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Got this today. Looks like a good idea to me. Anything that gets the extortionate price of petrol down is OK by me.

I've signed up. We'll see what happens.
  2. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

There's got to be a catch... but where?
  3. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Hmmmm, they say there isn't one. However, what I don't get is that they currently have 90000 members (and growing), all of whom will be sent a membership card free of charge. 90000 membership cards is going to be a significant outlay of cash for somebody, and it doesn't explain who. How much is a 2nd class stamp these days? Even excluding the cost of producing the cards, buying the envelopes, and paying someone to fill and address them the cost of the stamps alone is going to run into several thousand pounds. I smell a rat..... :(
  4. Bogtrotter

Bogtrotter Member

5. bigmamabadger

It's probably a plot to catch all the pinko commies who think we shouldn't subsidise our glorious leaders invasion, sorry liberation, of Iraq. Put your name down on here and the MiB will be round your house tomorrow. Or am I just a conspiracy theorist....?:rolleyes:
  6. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I see... it's "trying to gather enough members to be able to negotiate a deal with one of the petrol giants for a bulk-buyer discount of 5p-10p a litre...."

They have the 100,000 members on the site to get out some sorta deal.... " signed up its 100,000th member over the weekend. Well done everybody! It will still be April or May before we can send cards out, but these figures will help to give us the negotiating power that we need to get a good discount for everyone."

Gonna take a bit of time, as these things tend to do, but if it works out good, then I dont see why everyone shouldn't sign up for it.

7. HBB

HBB Active Member

Anyone seen the name of the founder: Ben Scammel :lol:
  8. bigmamabadger

Not one of your pseudonyms Ben?:tongue:
  9. HBB

HBB Active Member

However much I would love to see petrol prices lower, alas, not!
  10. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

I was thinking the same Ben, however I believe in people's better nature's lol