ID required pls: Anyone know this... superb chords & music, would love to know more

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by TheMusicMan, Jun 6, 2008.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey All

I wonder if anyone here knows if this particular clip is from any brass piece. Please do have a listed to the soundtrack to this short (3 min 19 sec in total) clip, where the brass effects start at around just after half way.

Though I appreciate there's some mis-mixing, the chords when the brass section starts are simply beautiful, the sounds are sublime, and personally, I love it.

Here's the clip: http://www.dunni.co.uk/duppies.html

Anyone recognise it...? It might be proprietary, I'm not sure... short it is, but it certainly is gorgeous.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    chords
    ID
    pls
    piece
    clip
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Oh, and he chats about his exhibition (and music) here. ;)

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

The brass bit sounds a little like Bruckner in my opinion.

6. TheMusicMan

Hey Tom - fancy having a go at transcribing this in MIDI...?

7. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Hi there John! What do you mean? Reconstructing audio midi via sequencer?

8. TheMusicMan

Aye, by ear...?

I know it's a poor mix, with jilts and breaks... but the chords are beautiful don't you think. Fancy seeing if you can create a MIDI by ear from what you hear?

You'd be quicker than I... :)

9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

It might be quicker emailing him to send you the file don't you think? I wouldn't want to infringe any copyrights! I'll reinstall Quicktime again to listen to it!

10. TheMusicMan

Naaah.... you could muster a quick MIDI in 15 mins eh... :)

11. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

But I'm still rebuilding and updating my PC software base after my nasty virii attack a couple of weeks ago. I will get something together over the weekend so I can help you out. Shame that I've been on holiday the past fortnight to find out now! :oops:

(New toy, btw! Adobe Soundbooth CS3. Great for removing unwanted sounds like coughing from audio tracks. :))

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    chords
    ID
    pls
    piece
    clip
  13. TheMusicMan

... should get a Mac... but that of course, is the subject of another debate :)

Okies... just thought I'd put up the challenge, but no worries if you are busy and rebuilding Tom.. :tup

14. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Is it the whole audio track you are after or the chorale part that you are wanting?

15. TheMusicMan

Just the chorale pseudo brass section that commences just after half way through on a big long fat bass C (piano pitch).

16. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Starts on concert D (with harmonics starting on G) with later added A which bends around. Quavers G>Ab>G>Bb (crotchets in bass C>Bb) . Chorale starts in bass C>D. Chorale enters in C min etc.....

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  17. TheMusicMan

Yep, that's the bit. I meant 'bass' as in 'Bb Bass', and a treble clef C on the piano.

Might have been a conductor at one point but could never read bass clef!!! :)

18. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Sorta reminds me as well of Arvo Part's chorale mutations in Collage sur B.A.C.H. (... brilliant piece of music).

19. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Sorry, but to me it just seemed a boring chord progression with some boring greyish images of "statues with wings" to match.

20. TheMusicMan

Why apologise...? Each to their own. I am sure there are many pieces of music or perhaps other imagery you like that others would not.