Icecream and Sodapop

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by tubagod, Jun 22, 2004.

1. tubagod

tubagod Member

Hello fellow tMpers

I need some infor on a ´Trom Trio called Icecream and Sodapop
    can someone help me?

Martin

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

A quick google-search revealed that it's written by Bill Geldard, and here's a link to a recording by the Foss Dyke band:
    http://www.geocities.com/fossdyke/recording.html

Also, from one of the Danish band sites, it appears there may be a quartet version as well.

3. Bones

Bones Member

HI,

Ice Cream and Sodapop, was indeed written by Bill Geldard. Is is an extremely playable cheesy trio. Written in swingy/jazzy style. Playable I should by any band Section 2/3 upwards.

Not too lofty for the lead part, but nothing too technical. Suits a trom section that can play swing phrases together. Follows the Frolic for Trombones roadmap. swingy type bit, bit, ballad type bit, back to the swingy bit.

It was recorded by the Foss Dyke band, from Lincolnshire in their Debut CD, Fanfare from Foss Dyke in about 1999/2000. The Band was conducted by a good friend and excellent MD, Walter Ritchie BEM. The trombone section was, Malcolm Sargent, some bloke called Richard Walker (I was guesting for the day), and the Bass trombone was Stuart Clarke.

Too my knowledge it is not in print, but all of Bill's arrangements (and they are all good) can be purchased from Bill directly. I have his contact details if you want them.

Have fun