Iain McKnight is the new MD at Flixton Band

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by sparkling_quavers, Aug 12, 2007.

1. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

The Flixton Band is delighted to announce that Iain McKnight has been appointed as the band's new Musical Director

In accepting the position, Iain said "I am very pleased to accept the invitation to be the Musical Director of the Flixton Band. Having played with the Band on a number of occasions, I know that the Band members are focused and ambitious enough to really progress further as a contest and concert ensemble. The Band has in its ranks a number of excellent players who have experienced banding at the higher levels, and the will to succeed is quite evident by the excellent rehearsals and recent concert we enjoyed together . In passing, I would like to thank all my friends at Lostock Hall Band, where I have been Musical Director since last October. I have really enjoyed my time there, and would like to wish them all the very best for their continued success and progress. "

Michael Rowley, Flixton Band Manager added "Flixton Band is very excited to be working with Iain. With his talent and enthusiasm, and our hard work and commitment, we are looking forward to a very successful future, building on our recent excellent contest results. Making the most of Iain's experience at the highest level, the Band is also anticipating an exciting and varied concert program. We are very much looking forward to what we believe will be a winning partnership.

Further information about Iain and his appointment can be found at the band's website http://www.flixtonband.org.uk
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2007