I was bored...so I bought a new(ish)car

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Lewis Chris, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Lewis Chris

Lewis Chris Member

So come on, surely I can't be the only one to buy a new(ish) car 'cos they were bored???
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Well at least tell us what it is then Chris...:) and maybe some pics?
  3. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

Yes, a 5 Series BMW few years back.. still paying for it...
  4. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

Nice one Chris, Hope it's big enough to let you pick up our other Colchester based players and bring them all!!
  5. six pints

six pints Active Member

never done that because i dont drive. i once bought a surfboard cos i was bored tho...

what colour is it?
  6. Lewis Chris

Lewis Chris Member

Yes Ian, it will be big enough, it's a mondeo estate (for all those banding needs, lol) 2.0 TDCi. I thought it was metallic dark green, but it's actually dark blue :sup . Maybe I'm colour blind ;) .
  7. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

Yep my dad did. He bought a brand new E class mercedes had it for 9 months got bored of it went in his mates range rover, loved it and went out a bought one 2 years old!

Before the merc he had a RX8 for 3 months! but that was got rid of for a different reason! :wink:

8. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Mum!... I'm bored can you buy me a car for my birthday please?! :)
  9. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I never have time to get bored with my car. What with bits falling off it (brake shoes), bits getting stuck inside it (brake discs), bits of it not working (brake lights) and bits of it disappearing (wheel bearings), its a new adventure every time I get into it. Sometimes I get frightened just sitting in the driveway in it.
    And of course it's very distinctive, everyone knows it and people often wave cheerily as they pass me lying upside down in the hedge in it.
  10. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

And here was me thinking that all the dead badgers I pass on my daily commute had been hit by cars trying to cross the road. I had no idea that they had been driving them and had fallen out!
  11. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Oddly enough I did once have a car of which the driver's door flew open at high speed (i.e. anything over 40mph) Seems to be the one thing this car doesn't do though.
    Although the habit of you humans of subsequently running over badgers who have inadvertently left their cars is morally reprehensible. :tongue: