I want to play...

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by nethers, Apr 6, 2011.

1. nethers

nethers Active Member

Hi all,

I'm back in blighty from 5-26 May and would love to meet up with some old friends and bands.

I know it's the final straight for the Spring Festival too, so don't want to get in the way!

Please get in touch if you need a trombone or would just like to buy me a beer! :p
  2. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Well, we're on Benvenuto Cellini, for which I think the trombone parts are pretty tedious for most of the time - so you may not be overly entertained if we're bashing away at that!

But other than that, if you're in the neighbourhood, I'm sure Mr Law wouldn't mind another trombone player he can shout at... ;)

I'm sure I'll see you and the missus at some point either way.
  3. nethers

nethers Active Member

Could probably do with a good yelling at!

We shall certainly meet for a Hassan's and an ale.
  4. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

You don't fancy BBb bass in Weston Super Mare do you? Thought not....:D
  5. nethers

nethers Active Member

I dunno, is she hot?
  6. JR

JR Member

old team re-union?

Hi Marc

JR here - You would certainly be welcome for a blow at Skelmanthorpe (tho we do have a full trom team!) especially as quite a few of the old team from NZ 2005 now play for me at Shat!

I daresay Cooky and big Tony W might put in an appearance - we've already been in touch with Carolyn...

JOhn R
  7. Thirteen Ball

It'd be like a family reunion!

Just don't get St Magnus out..... ;)
  8. nethers

nethers Active Member

Sounds like a plan John! Keep that 38th trombone seat clear please.

St Magnus - based on the hymn tune St Magnus? Wit-woo!
  9. Thirteen Ball

Don't forget "Nee how mah!" and "Poo-nanny-shnanny-pie-gungh-din-rant-nurow!"

If you weren't there, you'll never know....
  10. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Marc, I've not doubt I'll be seeing you loads for some alcoholic refreshments seeing as Carolyn is making time to see me...guess she'll be dragging you along too!!;)

Be good to see you at band, you can borrow the plastic pbone!
  11. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

I might not make the contest to play (unless you're REALLY desperate, seeing as I'm available from about 13th May!) but I'd certainly like to come for a blow at Skelmanthorpe too if I can!!
  12. JR

JR Member

Of Course you can!

Dont worry about the contest though

How about moving back to Huddersfield permanently? (I don't know the icon for "he mentioned, optomistically...")

John R
  13. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

hmmm....mentioned optimistically...I'd go for this icon -------> :-D

Great stuff. Thank you. And best of luck for the contest of course. We'll see you in a few weeks :)