I want a good Trumpet & flugal gig bag

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by nicholasbarrett, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Good Afternoon all,

Does anyone have a sugestion for a combined Trumpet and Flugel Horn GIG bag?

I aim to keep my Soverign Cornet in it's hard case but would like a combined one for my Trumpet and Flugel.

Any ideas would be very gratefully received.

Kind regards,

2. Bones

Bones Member

Wiseman cases always look pretty funky to me.
  3. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Have a look at this:

Just over halfway down the page is the Pro-Tec Pro-Pac Trumpet and Flugelhorn Case PT PB301F

Strictly speaking a case rather than a bag, but it's very lightweight whilst still offering more protection than a bag. No room for mutes, however you can buy the Pro-Tec mute bag which is designed to clip on the outside of the case if you need it.

I have one of these Trumpet/Flugel cases, and would personally recommend them in preference to a soft bag.
  4. sale

sale Member

Normans usually have a good selection (was where i got mine from!) www.normans.co.uk
  5. screamlead

screamlead Member

Reunion blues are good. They do a triple gig bag that is big enough for a Bb trumpet and a Flugel and has a middle section big enough for mutes etc. I bought mine from Phil Parkers in London 16 years ago, it's been all over the world with me and still looks new (ish)
  6. Daisy Duck

Daisy Duck Member

I totally agree with this recommendation. The entire trumpet section of the big band I play in uses this case (apart from me, but I don't own a flugel :( , however I do use a ProTec trumpet case and it's excellent).
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  7. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

8. Thanks to all for their recomendations. I have ordered up the pro-tec case along with two rather expensive mutes. (You just can't help yourself can you!!!
  9. chiephonium

chiephonium Member

i recently bught myself a ritter gig bag for my euph so althugh this is nohing to do with what the threa is actually about, i thought i would let you know how good quality the bag is.

i would recommend that if they make a suitable bag fr you to gt one becausei think it is fantastic. think its a ritter "classic'
  10. protec has arrived and it's perfect for what I need.

Thanks again.