I want a good Trumpet & flugal gig bag

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by nicholasbarrett, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Good Afternoon all,

Does anyone have a sugestion for a combined Trumpet and Flugel Horn GIG bag?

I aim to keep my Soverign Cornet in it's hard case but would like a combined one for my Trumpet and Flugel.

Any ideas would be very gratefully received.

Kind regards,

Nick.:)

2. Bones

Bones Member

Hi,

Wiseman cases always look pretty funky to me.

3. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Have a look at this:

http://www.woodwindandbrass.co.uk/acatalog/trumpet_protec_cases.html

Just over halfway down the page is the Pro-Tec Pro-Pac Trumpet and Flugelhorn Case PT PB301F

Strictly speaking a case rather than a bag, but it's very lightweight whilst still offering more protection than a bag. No room for mutes, however you can buy the Pro-Tec mute bag which is designed to clip on the outside of the case if you need it.

I have one of these Trumpet/Flugel cases, and would personally recommend them in preference to a soft bag.

4. sale

sale Member

Normans usually have a good selection (was where i got mine from!) www.normans.co.uk

5. screamlead

screamlead Member

Reunion blues are good. They do a triple gig bag that is big enough for a Bb trumpet and a Flugel and has a middle section big enough for mutes etc. I bought mine from Phil Parkers in London 16 years ago, it's been all over the world with me and still looks new (ish)

6. Daisy Duck

Daisy Duck Member

I totally agree with this recommendation. The entire trumpet section of the big band I play in uses this case (apart from me, but I don't own a flugel :( , however I do use a ProTec trumpet case and it's excellent).

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  7. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

8. Thanks to all for their recomendations. I have ordered up the pro-tec case along with two rather expensive mutes. (You just can't help yourself can you!!!

9. chiephonium

chiephonium Member

i recently bught myself a ritter gig bag for my euph so althugh this is nohing to do with what the threa is actually about, i thought i would let you know how good quality the bag is.

i would recommend that if they make a suitable bag fr you to gt one becausei think it is fantastic. think its a ritter "classic'

10. protec has arrived and it's perfect for what I need.

Thanks again.

Nick.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Nick.
    Flugel Horn
    Soverign Cornet
    combined Trumpet
    good Trumpet