I never thought I'd be that cold again......I was wrong!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Vickitorious, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

After last week, at the CiN, I didn't think that I'd ever be that cold again. But there comes a time when your wrong!

Today was the county netball tornament and our school team went, it was absolutely freezing and it was too early for me, it was only 9.00. :( Half way through the first match it started to rain and it was so cold and I didn't have a jumper! It carried on raining all through our 3 matches in the first round but it didn't do us any harm because we won them all and got through to the quarter-finals :D :D We even managed to beat our arch rivals Dixie Grammer, the posh private school from over the road! :p
    We got to the quarter finals and were unlucky enough to have been drawn to play against last seasons winners. It was a tough game. In the first half we managed to get to 2 - 2 from 2 - 0 down but as hard as we fought in the second half we lost at 6 - 2. Still, we've never got past the first round before and actually managed to get past the first round before so being knocked out by last seasons winners in the quarters wasn't so bad. YAY!!!!!
    I've just woke up! I fell asleep for 2 1/2 hours after that! :lol:
    Another good day out! :D

2. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Know the feeling. I've just started working in Santas Grotto at Jarrow today. After spending all day freezing in the grotto I then had to walk with Santa in his Parade behind Gateshead Brass for him to switch on the lights. Then I had to get 2 metro trains and a bus home. I'm freezing again

3. HBB

HBB Active Member

Well, I'm nice and warm :p

4. michellegarbutt

So am I NOW but back out to work again in 1/2 hour

5. dave jake

dave jake Member

Never saw you Michelle. it was a strange experience marching to Rudolph, in the dark . Had to guess the bass part and who put the drainpipe in front of me. another dent in poor old Bess. I hope Stan warmed you up when you got home :wink: :wink:

6. HBB

HBB Active Member

Have Fun :!:

Work for me yesterday, was frighteningly boring .... I'm sure I almost fell asleep! :D

7. michellegarbutt

I was the prat in the silver jacket trying to hide as much as possible.Looks like I succeeded.

8. HBB

HBB Active Member

[​IMG]

9. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Played outside at Chatsworth last week and it was absolutely freezing. Apparently they couldn't put on any heaters as it would melt the marquee.