I need help!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by drummergurl's mummy, Aug 10, 2006.

1. How do i put the garage door back on its runners?

I'm all home alone being a pathetic girlie. The rest of the family are in the lake district with no phone reception and the garage door has come of its runner on one side. It has been put back on before so i know it can be done, but how?

Please help me!
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Brute force I'm afraid! You may need to lever the edge of the garage door into the runner frame somehow. This has happened to me on occasion and a little jiggery pokery usually does the trick. Good luck!
  3. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

In the words of Arkwright (Open all hours):

"J-j-j-j-j-jiggle it a bit!" :) :oops:

As theMusicMan says, brute force (together with a large chunk of ignorance!) should do the trick. You need to be careful that while you are shoving it into place that the other side doesn't come out though! :eek:

Do you have a neighbour who can give you a hand? It's easier with two people.
  4. neighbours on holiday, otherwise would have asked him. I'm good at being brutish so will give it a go!
    may have to grab any passing person to help, but dont get many dowm our road.
  5. Done it.
    Thanks chaps, I'm obviously a bigger brute than i thought.
  6. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Hooray! :clap:

I now know who to call on when mine falls off it's runners again! :D
  7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Ahhh... drummergirls mummy - the tMP brute...:) nice one!
  8. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Hehe, this forum is useful for more things than I thought! Next time I have a problem, I know where to come! :biggrin:
  9. It was suprisingly easy once i climbed on top of the freezer!
    I think the art was in the Jiggling ;)

at least i can sleep tonight not thinking we are being robbed of the load of junk in our garage...............mmmm maybe i should go and wreck it again!
  10. Hornblower RN

Hornblower RN Member

A crowbar is a useful tool in a situation like this.....insert it between the door and floor and lever the door back into place.:clap:
  11. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Yes but you were supposed to jiggle the door, not you!

Never mind it's back on now. YAY! :rolleyes:

12. It worked didn't it? and dont forget I was stood on the freezer at the time;)

didnt get a good nights sleep though, the dog thinks the space in the double bed is for her.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2006
  13. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

we go away for 5 days and you manage to break the garage door!

mum... you're a legend!