I need a cornet case

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by andyh, Sep 27, 2007.

1. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

It looks like I may be getting a new cornet that is supplied only in a gigbag and as my insurer is leery about gigbags I will have to buy a hard case for it or change insurers.

Has anyone got any case suggestions? The interweb-thingy has been particularly unhelpful in this respect...

I need something that will hold a K&M cornet stand and 3 mutes as well as the instrument itself.

Andy

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

3. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

Hi Andy,
    Have you tried Virtuosi.Shaun has some very good cases for all types of instruments.I have bought a couple of cornet cases for a band and found them to be excellent.I have one of his cases for my flugel.It is very robust and is waterproof.It also has a zip pocket on the outside for music etc.
    CubbRep..4th section national finalists 2007.Midland area champions.
    Richard.:tup

4. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep an eye out for a decent pic of one. The one on the Virtuosi site is rather small...

Andy

5. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

pm me - ive got one for sale.

6. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

I also managed to get a dent in my bell when using a gigbag (one of the ones that looks like a surfboard!) - was not best impressed! Can kind of see your insurers point about them....

7. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

Had a very good conversation with them this morning and the upshot is that I can use a gig bag provided it's one of those that has a hard subshell, i.e something else besides the normal 20mm of foam.

So that opens the game up a bit - I do believe Pro Tec fall into this category but unless I'm mistaken they don't make a cornet bag - and GIG themselves apparently make one with an EVA subshell (whatever that is).

Hopefully someone will be along soon to let me know which makes of gig bag are re-inforced!

Andy

8. sop 1

sop 1 Member

buy the virtuosi one its really good!
    i can get 5 mutes in it and all my music!
    All for £35!!!