I need a cornet case

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by andyh, Sep 27, 2007.

1. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

It looks like I may be getting a new cornet that is supplied only in a gigbag and as my insurer is leery about gigbags I will have to buy a hard case for it or change insurers.

Has anyone got any case suggestions? The interweb-thingy has been particularly unhelpful in this respect...

I need something that will hold a K&M cornet stand and 3 mutes as well as the instrument itself.

Andy

2. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

Hi Andy,
    Have you tried Virtuosi.Shaun has some very good cases for all types of instruments.I have bought a couple of cornet cases for a band and found them to be excellent.I have one of his cases for my flugel.It is very robust and is waterproof.It also has a zip pocket on the outside for music etc.
    CubbRep..4th section national finalists 2007.Midland area champions.
    Richard.:tup

3. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep an eye out for a decent pic of one. The one on the Virtuosi site is rather small...

Andy

4. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

pm me - ive got one for sale.

5. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

I also managed to get a dent in my bell when using a gigbag (one of the ones that looks like a surfboard!) - was not best impressed! Can kind of see your insurers point about them....

6. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

Had a very good conversation with them this morning and the upshot is that I can use a gig bag provided it's one of those that has a hard subshell, i.e something else besides the normal 20mm of foam.

So that opens the game up a bit - I do believe Pro Tec fall into this category but unless I'm mistaken they don't make a cornet bag - and GIG themselves apparently make one with an EVA subshell (whatever that is).

Hopefully someone will be along soon to let me know which makes of gig bag are re-inforced!

Andy

7. sop 1

sop 1 Member

buy the virtuosi one its really good!
    i can get 5 mutes in it and all my music!
    All for £35!!!