I like living in ___________ because.......

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sugarandspice, Apr 17, 2006.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I like living in Cornwall because i mananged to leave my car unlocked with the keys in the ignition all night and nobody stole it! :)

Why do you like living where you are?

A very relieved Kelly! xxx
  2. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I like living in my flat because I never have to buy any CDs because my neighbours play theirs so loudly I can hear it as if it were in the same room.:frown:
  3. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I like living in Bettisfield because it's lovely, it's quiet, there are lots of fields, you can walk for 2 hours if you're lucky and only see about 1 other person.You can leave your house open (literally!!)and people won't break in.(although I don't do this so any burgulars reading this and seeing it as an opportunity, don't bother, I'll have locked the door)

I like living in Oxford because....I can walk to Tescos and the pub and taxis home after a night out don't cost £30!

I don't like Bettisfield becasue you have to drive everywhere and I don't like Oxford because we don't have a bath and people like to break wing mirrors and try to break into your house.
  4. sugarandspice

oooh, i like living in Exmouth because .... I can see the sea from my house, I can have a cracking night out for less than £10 and i live literaly 3 minutes away from my 1st lecture!
  5. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I like living in South Manchester because we live in a decent area but also have great access to allsorts - motorway for travel, trafford centre, about 6 miles into the city with good nightlife, shops and culture. About 15 mins drive gets you into lymm which is very nice countryside-ish village with lots of nice proper-ale pubs. We have a very good butcher, 15 mins drive to winjip for oriental ingredients and farmers market on the doorstep. It is also only 5 mins around the corner to a nice band. There are lots of other bands within short distance and we are close to saddleworth/tameside and whit friday!

I don't like living in South Manchester because the traffic around the ringroad gets ridiculous at christmas (and that is the way I have to drive home from work).
  6. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Perhaps it just says something about your car? :cool:
  7. chizzum

chizzum Member

I like living in Rochdale because nobody does better than rochdale kids
  8. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I like living in North Devon because its all prettyful and countrysidey and stuff, and its by the seaside and it has not that much crime and its lovely and its not a big city and its not got all pollution and stuff.

I don't like living in
    North Devon
    • because the last bus back from town is at 11.05pm which is pants, and a taxi would cost about £50 :( and the buses aren't much cheaper anyway!
    • because there are hardly any bands or band events (i.e. nice concerts by dyke and other good bands)
    • because its miles and miles and miles and miles from everyone else
    • because it takes half an hour to get to the nearest train station and about 50 hours to get to anywhere else
    • because my best friend moved to yorkshire (SO JEALOUS!!) and I miss her
    • because I have to walk a mile just to even get to the bus stop and when I get off the bus at the other end of wherever I'm going too I normally have about a mile walk aswell!
    • because everywhere closes to early
    • because there are hardly any good shops
    • because there isn't much too do
    • because it isn't multicultural and therefore not that excting
    • because when I'm big(ger) I won't be able to afford a house here (not that I want anyway!)
    • because its not that good really except for if you want a nice holiday by the seaside :tongue:
    For the record when I'm big I'm moving to Yorkshire and going to Emley Band (because they seem like a nice bunch of people) because its all pretty countryside but its near good places for shopping and lots of cities for band concerts and contests and stuff :D
  9. chizzum

chizzum Member

i think you should move house!
  10. sugarandspice

My car is very nice i'll have you know, and now very shinny as my dad washed it yesterday for me :)
  11. sugarandspice

Don't do it! Don't give in! I'll let you have the fact that Emley are a nice bunch of people, well the bunch i met are anyway, but you don't really want to be a northerner do you? :)
  12. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

I like living in Rochdale because all my friends live here

I don't like living in Rochdale because it is full of chavs sitting in bus stops/parks/street corners drinking cheap cider and generally being a nuisance.
  13. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I like living in Manchester because the people are great, the banding scene is cracking, have everything I need nearby to me and it makes travelling back to Devon to see my family really exciting.
  14. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

That wouldn't have happened in Redruth or especially Camborne!
  15. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Well other than the fact that I'm the only un-northern person in my family! I think that means I'm biologically Northern :tongue: I want to be in the centre of the world! Yorkshire is the home of brass banding, and brass is my life.... soooooo all sounds fine and dandy too me :tongue: (YES I am the world's biggest band geek!)

I will come down south for me holidays though.... you won't get rid of me THAT easily!
  16. Trumpet Dave

Trumpet Dave Member

I don't like living in Rochdale because it is full of chavs sitting in bus stops/parks/street corners drinking cheap cider and generally being a nuisance.[/quote]

^ too true!

I like living in Rochdale because its great to have such a good music centre!

"Nobody does it better than Rochdale Music Service!" (Quote from Mr Fred Bowker, head of service)
  17. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

I like living in Manchester because it's ONLY 1 HOUR'S DRIVE FROM WALES!!!
  18. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Another reason I love Bettisfield....it's in Wales - result!
  19. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I like living in Northumberland because the scenery is gorgeous, the people are great, its quiet, its safe, my village has 4 pubs all with 'flexible' opening hours, the local shops will cash a cheque for you no questions asked, you can get credit in the grocers shop, the postlady knows everyone so your post gets to you even if the address on the letter makes no sense and it's near Newcastle.

I don't like living Northumberland because:

-The weathermen seem to think its in Scotland.
    -The government don't recognise the problems of rural poverty.
    -The A1 in Northumberland, despite being the major east coast route to scotland, is only a farm track.
    -The last train back from newcastle is at 10.40pm
    -I have to walk 5 miles home if i go out drinking with my mates in their village.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  20. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

I like living in Lancaster because it's near Preston (lots of bands), near Manchester (lots of bands), it's in Lancashire which is next to Yorkshire (Black Dyke wooo), and Lancaster is all scenic and pretty and I can see the castle and the river from my bedroom :tongue: .

I don't like living in Lancaster because
    • It's not Manchester
    • It's not Yorkshire
    • Black Dyke aren't from Lancaster :(
    • The trains are pants which invariably means either having to sleep in station waiting rooms or forking out for hotels after black dyke concerts :rolleyes:
    • It's full of chavs
    • There's only one band and its non contesting
    • Only two sports centres, neither are in walking distance of the city centre
    • No good brass band concerts (except once when Fodens came :biggrin: )
    • Rubbish music shops...one is owned by a grumpy git who refuses to order anything in and the other is very willing to order things but manages to sell them to other people by the time you get there
    • High schools are pants
    • College is pants
    • Shopping is pants
    • Too near to Morecambe, which is like blackpool only ten times more run down
    • And lastly...black dyke aren't from Lancaster :(