I know thou art mine

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Imperial, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Imperial

Imperial Member

What would be the best arrangement on "I know thou art mine" for brass band?
    Is it also available for brass ensembles , for example ten piece brass?

2. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

There's an arrangement by Leonard Ballantine in the SA General Series (if I remember rightly, #1890) which is quite good. You can probably get it through WorldofBrass.com

3. kiwiposaune

kiwiposaune New Member

Len's arrangement is absolutely superb! It's probably been the most used hymn arrangement in Aussie / Kiwi contests over the past 5 or 6 years.

4. It is that number in the general series. Alternatively If you want the piece on it's own to buy you can go here http://www.worldofbrass.com/acatalog/29512.html

It's in the Favourite Marches and Hymns setting book ,number 55 which includes all the other hym settings available in this series. However if you wanted the marches as well , you need to buy 2 scores at 27.95 each and each part is 5.95 for the book. So if you just want the piece you mentioned , probably an idea just to buy it on its own.

5. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Actually, it contains a (pretty good) selection of hymn settings, mostly from the last twenty or so years. There have been several hundred hymn settings published in the General Series, which has been in publication for something like 80 or 90 years.

The Favourites book is a good buy, in any case. We use it all the time - keep it in our music pouches just in case we need a march or short item when on the road away from our library.

6. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Many thanks to those who have covered this post.
    I've only just got to it having found a free internet access point in the Martini Plaza, Groningen!

We've actually got a couple of sets with us on the World of Brass trade stand here in Groningen.

7. Bariman

Bariman Member

Two identical posts? Obviously too much Martini :D

(There were two, honest!)