I keep being logged out!

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by andyp, Feb 14, 2006.

1. andyp

andyp Active Member

This has only started happening recently, but I'm finding if I have TMP open, and don't do anything in it for a while (say 20-30 mins), if I go back to it I'm no longer logged in and have to log in again to post. I use Win98SE/Firefox 1.5.0.1, and quite often leave tmp in one tab, and open e-mail in another one, then when I go bak to tmp I'm logged out. Is there a "user inactivity timeout" feature?
    tia

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anything
    TMP
    feature
    Win98SE
  3. horn-girlie

horn-girlie Member

i dont know if this is the same problem (probably not!) but i cant log in on the home page. i have to use the 'forums' link on the top left of the screen and log in there, otherwise i cant log in properly. hope it helps!

4. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

^I find that too... but only when I logout myself... because I do the following....

Make sure the "remember me" button is ticked when you sign in

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Naomi is right... you need to ensure the 'Remember Me' tick box is checked otherwise tMP will automatically log you out 30 mins after your last activity.

6. Steve

Steve Active Member

None of the other mods could answer that as we have already cought 'Di syndrome' and never spend as long as 30mins inactive on tMp!!!

7. Magic Flute

Magic Flute Supporting Member

I have to log back on every time I try to edit one of my posts! It then shows it on a totally different page (and I can only get back to mouthpiece by hitting the last page arrow).

8. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Browser/OS/tMP Style details would help diagnose this.

9. andyp

andyp Active Member

Cheers everyone, will try to "remember me"!

10. horn1

horn1 Member

I've had problems logging in at themouthpiece.com it redirects me to a forums page. If i log in at themouthpiece.com/vb it's fine though, v strange!

Nic

11. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

RE: Loggin in to theMouthPiece from Portal page: currently there is a known and documented bug when trying to log in from the tMP portal page. We are awaiting a fix from the coders.

The fix is to log in as normal from the forum home page: www.themouthpiece.com/vb

Thanks.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anything
    TMP
    feature
    Win98SE