I just want to say a big big thank you!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by cshimmon, Oct 3, 2010.

1. cshimmon

cshimmon Member

I'm a member of the Salvation Army Symphonic Wind Ensemble and we had a concert last night in Boston, Lincs. It was a fantastic concert and that was in no small part due to the eleventh hour help we received from Foss Dyke Band. We were let down not once, but twice with regards to borrowing timps and Foss Dyke agreed to let us borrow theirs, not only at very short notice, but to people they'd never met, unlike the people who let us down who did know the people they were lending them to.

I honestly don't know what we'd have done without them, and can't thank them enough! Everyone I've spoken to in the band has been immensely polite and they couldn't do enough to help us- even helping me with the lifting in and out of my car, which I by no means expected- although was very much appreciated!

So, a great big thank you to a wonderful helpful band- and I hope other bands take their example! We've had some bad experiences with unhelpful bands- including other SA bands on occassions, and I'd just like to say how wonderful I think it is to find so much support and kindess within the banding community!

I hope no-one minds me saying this on here, but I just felt their kindness deserved some public recognition. On a side note, the concert raised £272 towards the building fund of Boston SA which is fantastic!

If anyone's interested, we'll be in Reading in February and Leighton Buzzard in October- although we've already got timps for those concerts, so any local bands can rest easy!
  2. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

it is good to find some one helpful. We have a lot of co-operation among Bands here in Brisbane.
    Is Andrew Macareth still a part of the Wind Band, If so Say Hi From Me.
  3. cshimmon

cshimmon Member

Yes! He's still our conducter, and an amazing asset to the band of course. I hope he doesn't want to give up for a good while yet!
  4. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

Andrew was Songster Leader in Sparkhill before I came to Australia and was also a terriffic Trombone player. I think we were at Cobham Hall at the same time once in 1984 or 85.