I hate being poor!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

All those who agree say AYE!
  2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Hate is such a strong word...... especially when there's people worse off than us. I'm gonna have to say that we're all damned better off in comparison to the third world....
  3. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Just when I was about to join in the complaining, there always has to be somebody to put things in a proper perspective.
  4. uncle eric

uncle eric Member

dear mr euph,

you youngsters today don't know what poor means. i remember when i was a youngsterwe were so poor that if there hadn't been mould growing up the side of the wall we'd have had nothing to eat. that we had an inside toilet, but all our other rooms were outside, and we wore clothes made from newspapers and string. i recall the cold was so bad, we were glad to catch yellow fever, or rickets because the fever warmed us up. i once got a banana for christmas, and we'd never seen one of those before... and boxing day, once i'd had a last long look at it, me dad took it back to the grocers because he'd only borrowed it. not that i had time to complain, working a 14 hour shift smelling for gas down the pit so they knoew it were safe for the pony's to go down.....all for threppance a month. and a penny of that went to the church to pay for our annual days holiday, when we walked to hartlepool and back, stopping on the way for a picnic of dripping and coal.

grand days, the were

uncle eric
  5. six pints

six pints Active Member

there might be a lot of people worse of, but were still not well off. we get ripped off by landlords who dont do anything to the house until you eventually have to get environmental health and the CAB involved and even then they just threaten to evict you until you get yourself so stressed about having to live in the streets and failing your degree and just being a complete failure AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

(im a little stressed)
  6. well, personally... I say a great big BALLS to the rest of the world. For starters, I don't have food in MY fridge or cupboards and secondly I've been fed up about not having money for ages now.... yes, there are people worse off than everyone. But guilt trips can be shoved right where the sun don't shine... cos there are those of us that aren't financially well off and are well and truly entitled to a good MOAN about it!!

So I say "AYE" Andy... and a great big frikkin fat one at that!! :tup
  7. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Did you forget to mention the part about it being uphill, both ways?
  8. Naomi McFadyen

Geeesh, some people are so mindless on here :-?
  9. Yes... aren't they just? ;)

For starters, whilst I appreciate that there is *always* someone worse off than yourself in the world, there is also always a point where you are entitled to have a moan about your own problems without having some guilty speech thrust down your throat. I care about people worse off than me, but funnily enough, when it's approaching christmas and you genuinely don't have a penny to your name and have been pretty seriously fed up about it for a while, I'd hardly call myself mindless for having a little whinge about it. Don't worry... I'll stick 10p in the next charity box I see someone holding on a street corner.

My name's Helen.... and I'm a poor student!! :) :rolleyes:
  10. Naomi McFadyen

:lol: I'm not worried at all!!! :lol:
  11. yes... point proved :)
  12. uncle eric

uncle eric Member

dear mr naruco

some people are so humourless on here

uncle eric
  13. Naomi McFadyen

it's MISS, actually :rolleyes:
  14. jo

jo Member

what I really hate is people assuming I earn loads (which I dont) just because of my job title....when the truth is by the time I have paid all the bills, petrol for the commute to work to earn the pittance in the first place, and debts for the student loans required to elevate me to the lofty heights of earning sod all, I have a grand total of zilch left each month for fripparies such as a small diet coke after band practise. So yes, count me in, I hate being poor too!!
  15. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

lol i wouldnt call myself poor, i think extremely skint is accurate, seeings as i still have 72p in my bank account!!!!! but i dislike having no money because it takes away my independence. (agreed i cant drive, so its the bus fare but still) i cant buy my own clothes, or toiletries or egt anywhere, cant buy a round after practice or anything. it does indeed suck. so andy la... AYE!!!!
  16. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

I know what you mean.
    I will be glad when i get my new car on tuesday Ford Focus Edge TDCI.
    The last few months have been murder with money laid out on the car i have got since sept spent about£250.00 on things that have had to be done as i should have had the car at the begining of sept:-(
  17. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Part time jobs are usually a good money maker for idle people.
  18. drummerboy

drummerboy Member

Yes, but there are people who are so idle they can't even be bothered to do that...
  19. Naff assumptions are also blatantly a good humour point for some people.
  20. uncle eric

uncle eric Member

just to clarify, is the naff assumption that part time jobs are good money, part time jobs only yield good money for lazy people, all people who are poor are lazy, or that by taking a part time job poor or lazy people could earn good money, or even poor and lazy people could earn good money?

uncle eric