I don't know what to say....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by DaveR, Jan 13, 2007.

1. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I've just found this website (it's actually part of Queen guitarist Brian May's website, which is how I found it) and it is such an incredible story I thought more people would like to know it.

http://www.brianmay.com/vickisworld/

I'm not normally easily moved by the stories of people I don't know, but this one has got to me. I've no idea what I would do in her position - I certainly don't think I would handle it as well as she did.

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Unbelievably touching, awe inspiring. I just read this, and listened to the radio interview - what a remarkable young lady.

Like you Dave, don't know what to say.

3. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Indeed I find my self speechless too. It's so easy as life goes on to forget that there are people like Vicki for whom this kind of lifestyle is all they know. Really brings home to you the pettiness and stupidity that revolves around our lives.
    Thankyou for this Dave, it's certainly made me realise what a shallow callous person I can be at times, really made me sit up and notice. Few things these days bring me to tears...this did.

4. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

Absolutely speechless and you don't find me speechless much as many people can tell you! That's really made me think aswell even though what i had to go through was bad, mine was in fact nothing compared to poor little Vicki! I know how it felt for her to be in hospital for 2 weeks, there staring at the same 4 walls bless her as I also had an operation on my lowest vertebra of my spine. I believe she's a star for how she got through her life! and listening to her on that radio show just really touched me on how posotive she was - I was nearly in tears! All sympathy goes out to her family!