I can't wait for the band version of...

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by timbloke, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that Will means that the copyright holder won't acknowledge his request to do an arrangement, rather than a band publisher refusing to respond after he has submitted the arrangement for publication? - I'm only saying this because I know he has had some stuff published already, and because I know he's thinking of doing Fairytale of New York soon.

However, on the topic of brass band publishers responding (one way or the other) when you send them an arrangement, I've found Jagrins to be by far the best for this, and although it pains me to say it because I like and respect David Horsfield, Kirklees are the worst.

2. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Yep, it's as Anno suggests - but there is a complication. Two companies with ostensibly the same name...

Have now e-mailed the correct one (I hope!) and hope to hear in the New Year.

3. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

i was thinking that Exit Music for A Film by Radiohead would be a sweet brass band piece...

4. Scongie

Scongie Member

Theme music to the new Robin Hood series on BBC 1.

5. andyp

andyp Active Member

It's been done for unaccompanied youth choir (it crops up on ClassicFM TV regularly - 359 on $ky) and works very well, so would make a good band piece, I think.

6. timbloke

timbloke Member

Heard a couple more pieces that could potentially make very good arrangements -

Roddy Woomble (Idlewild) - Play me something - from his solo album My Secret is My Silence. It is a really beautiful melody with a Scottish folk feel, simple, but I think it could be very good played by brass.

Two Banks of Four - Banks of the Nile - from their album Three Street Worlds. It is a funky jazzy number which has some really good stuff on it. Worth checking out if you fancy doing an arrangement.

7. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

I love the film "Wild" so anything from that just because it will remind me to re-watch it.