I can't wait for the band version of...

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by timbloke, Apr 17, 2005.

1. David Pegram

David Pegram Member

Music to the Contender would make a great arrangement in the right hands

2. flugeldude666

flugeldude666 Member

ave satani from the omen

that would be interestring

3. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

I have done an arrangement of the main John Williams theme of Superman available from www.bernaertsmusic.com playable by all bands.

4. Tack7

Tack7 Member

I always thought if someone could get to grips and arrange some of Pink Floyds material it would be good. Anyone fancy a go?

Si

5. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Funnily enough, I've been wondering about doing bits from "The Wall", I can't decide whether this is a superb idea or a nightmare :confused:

Anyone got any thoughts on whether or not it might work?

6. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

See how things start?

National Express, by Neil Hannon, aka The Divine Comedy, arranged for Trombone Solo (and embarrassed cornets) by Tim Paton, was played by Tim Benson and the tMP band at Pontins last night.

7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Golden Brown - Stranglers!!

8. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

wasat then??:tongue:

9. timbloke

timbloke Member

Ok so I got National Express out of this thread... how about?

Some Guillimots - particularly Sao Paulo, which is fast becoming my fav track.

The second movement from Tchaikovsky 5 - Horn Solo

Barber's adagio for strings for brass

10. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

Arranged by myself and available from www.obrasso.ch

Merry Christmas

11. AndyFlugel

AndyFlugel New Member

Coldplay's "Fix you" would make a good Brass arrangement in my humble opinion - would obviously require some improvisation, but it could work

Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  12. stephenmrry

stephenmrry Member

wallace and gromit for youth band i have arranged a simple quartet version but what about a fullband version

13. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

I'm pretty sure it has already been done..

Not sure who by though... :confused:

14. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

It has been done, A Grand Day out, we played it in our brass ensemble.
    Full BB parts we just did a miniature version lol

15. Valvecap

Valvecap Member

Trying to keep the customer satisfied - Simon and Garfunkel

Heard a jazz band play it few months back - needs damn good bass bone and sop but doesnt sound too hard....

16. joelrn

joelrn Member

Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No.3 for me, although I hate to think what the solo part would be like, and think it would be well beyond the technical capabilities of any band. Can't see it happening unfortunately

17. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I'm back to the point wher one asks "What's the point of bothering, when the publishers won't even give you the basic courtesy of an acknowledgement, let alone a reply?" :mad:

18. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Having had the yearly overdose of Santa Claustrophobia, I want a full version of Rootin' Tootin' Santa Claus! What a tune! But where is it from? I've never heard it anywhere other than in this piece.

19. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

You need to get your CD collect upto date found the following versions on CD

. A Rootin’ Tootin’ Santa Claus - Tex Beneke w/ The Miller Orchestra
    Pee Wee King - Rootin' Tootin Santa Claus - Pee Wee King's Country Hoedown (Bloodshot)

plus it seems to be credited to a new Christmas film release this year Unaccompanied Minors

20. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

My advice would be, try a different publisher!

Whilst I realise the name on the cover is often big part of how we judge scores at a glance, getting new music out there is more important now than it ever was.

Don't give up budding/amateur/experienced/professional composers/arrangers. The brass band world needs you!!